1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Just got these... have a decent idea of how to wear them, but want to maximize swag. :foo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

I would say probably best with lighter colors or contrasting colors. But those CCP are best I've seen personally.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Have you tried any of the incense lines? It sounds like we have pretty similar tastes, as I had pretty much the same reaction to the fragrances you listed. My favorite is Kyoto and Avignon, but there are some really exotic and pleasant fragrances too (Ourzazate comes to mind). One of them smells a lot like Hinoki (not sure which) so you could probably skip that one

Also @Synthese what was that one chanel fragrance you posted in rp a long time ago? I meant to pick it up but can't remember anymore and I've lost the sample

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I wear Ouarzazate regularly, and still love it, but it is frustratingly fleeting. The Chanel is Coromandel, which I find excellently alluring, exciting and dirty, although @Parker claims it's too fem for him. The other regulars are: Midnight in Paris, which is next to nothing on Amazon right now and must be one of the best fragrance deals; Portrait of a Lady, which is somewhat bombastic but exceptionally well-balanced if you like roses; Violet Blond, which I always want to call Violent Blonde and is somewhat violent (although I haven't been wearing too much lately); and a bunch of Lutens samples I'm working through right now - of which Sarassins and De Profundis are my favorites, with Borneo in the running as "interesting, but probably not going to kop." The two I'd like more of right now are Malle's Carnal Flower and TDC's De Bachmakov, which is perfect for spring but might not be perfect for summer.

Other non-starters have been Lutens' Rose de Nuit, which is maybe a little too old-lady for me; Cuir Mauresque, which certainly smells like cuir but doesn't make me dream of anything at all; Chene, which smells like the interior of a world-class sock drawer, but a sock drawer nonetheless; and Montale's black, white and red ouds, which smell to me like variations on circus peanuts (although I love Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, much to my girlfriend's chagrin).

1 person likes this.
  5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

smelled nice, haven't tried on the skin

kid nick, other two besides those that I'm sampling are intesnse cafe which is a combination of oud, amber and vanilla and coffee which smells amazing but after awhile just smells like vanilla, i still like it though...the second is ex idolo which is really good but a touch feminine for me, pretty complex, some rose in it, don't know if i would purchase because it's a little hot and I'm looking for a cooler fragrance for the summer but i suppose that's the name of the game when it comes to ouds

6. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I like Black Oud a lot, never got circus peanuts. I'm a fan of several by Le Labo too, mainly Vetiver (smells like cdg2man but better to me with much more staying power), Patchouli 24 (smells gross in the bottle but great on your skin after a while, lasts forever), Santal 33 (leathery and delicious), and Rose 31 (inoffensive, not as strong as the others).

7. Synthese

Black oud was my favorite - but I'd even rather wear Midnight Oud or Dark Rose (not that that's a direct comparison)

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I'm so confused. Pretty sure that dudes shirt says Yohji in hindi. Wtf? Pretty sure I see the end of a 'yamamato' as well. That is so bizarre...

Regarding the shoe convo, I'm guessing bucks are not included in that right?

9. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

:) synth. I pretty much like all of the Chanel Exclusifs. Coromandel is gorgeous and I wear it occasionally, but the vanilla bean / chocolate notes can veer into Opium or Angel territory for me. notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat ---all fragrance is unisex anyway. I think Mark Buxton was responsible for most of the CdG scents and I tend to like most of his stuff -- though I haven't tried his new brand yet. I wear the Jaisalmer and Kyoto often. they have an exotic, ethereal vibe to me.

If anyone can handle venturing beyond the Streetwear forum, the Scent of the Day thread is really good. Some dudes with a lot of fragrance knowledge.

10. el Bert

This is only vetiver I've re bought over and over again probably not for everyone but definetly fits me I'd say.

Encre Noire by Lalique
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26126273.html

I've been in a need to buy a new fragrance mainly for summer. Not really sure what to get, I'm down to like 3 fragrances and only use two, any recommendations I've always like Acqua Di Parma colonia intense, kinda simple but I need something similar that's strong, I have somewhat dry skin so some kinda die down pretty quickly.

11. artishard116

Looking for something summery too, maybe with a hint of sandworm.

3 people like this.
  12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Looking at my order confirmation, it would appear that I forgot that I have a sample of 2. I've gotta give it another go, but from what I recall, my reaction to it was similar to my reaction to Black. The writeup on luckyscent is cool, which is probably what attracted me in the first place.

I haven't, but now I'm curious. Thanks. I'd figure that it's Kyoto that smells like Hinoki. Being evidently aligned as we are, do you have any other scent reccs?

13. el Bert

Must by Cartier is one I've really liked but it's not strong enough.

14. artishard116

This is a killer. I liked ouarzazate too but had the same complaint as synth.

15. Synthese

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  16. artishard116

17. el Bert

3 people like this.
  18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Guys, with regard to fragrances - are there some types that linger/last longer than others? I use GIT, but my wife says it fades pretty fast unless I use more than I am comfortable with (3 sprays).

19. Synthese

20. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

^^^That's a good scent but it's insanely strong. It wears me out.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.