• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For my required PE in college I took Waterskiing. It was great

We didn't have required PE, but I took Kendo for ***** and giggles. The twice per semester class wide battles were epic.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In retrospect I wish I'd taken some sports classes back then. My school was right by the beach so I could have given surfing a try.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of cool fits incorporating white button-down?
Obviously you can layer under sweaters, but like, any non-obvious combinations that turn out cool? (such as with a blue jeans-jacket)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
anyone have any experience dyeing blazers (not wool) :foo:?

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience dyeing blazers (not wool)
foo.gif
?
I'd be interested in this too, have this filippa k cotton one I'd like to dye darker
But shouldn't be much problem if they're unlined and all the same fabric, or am I wrong?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
mine is all silk... and lined in cupro...... :foo:

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think silk will actually take dye better than most fabrics, I'd just make sure there's no visible stitching (including that holding the buttons on).

Why are you trying to dye all this super expensive ****?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
to maximize the utility of my super expensive **** :foo:

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i don't need a deep black. just a nice dark shade of grey

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think silk will actually take dye better than most fabrics, I'd just make sure there's no visible stitching (including that holding the buttons on).

Why are you trying to dye all this super expensive ****?
If this was including me, I got it on sale for 45$, and it doesn't look as "crisp" as it used to

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nahneun, I dyed using procion jet black dye from dharmatrading co and it worked extremely well. Black is a very hard color to dye a whole garment, but mine turned out perfect. It's a little more expensive and time consuming, but it yields great results. I dyed my linen/cotton geller flight pants that had faded to a very faded black, almost gray back to a deep, rich black. It supposedly works very well on silk too, I believe

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of these days, I will find a Gant by MB Avengers sweater for cheap. It would make a nice ski sweater.

Currently, I wear a New Belgium wool jersey.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I liked quite a lot of his stuff this season, a lot of it was fairly wearable. Some even sold pretty well. Hope he keeps up on the path he's going
I like this "Transfiguration of Moo." MOMA is always a good bet but they often have rather bulbous toes and fit a size large, but Yoox usually has a slew of no name brands with basic derbies...

Wait size down one on Moma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics