• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most thumbed up fit ever (>30 or something) was Uniqlo and Clarks. It's possible to cobble together things that are interesting, well-designed, and fit an aesthetic (~*~*~*~personal style~*~*~*~) cheaply, it's just much more challenging.

There's a marked SF groupthink, but it's no different than what you find on cycling forums, programming boards, etc...enthusiasts tend to have their predilections and those who vehemently disagree don't tend to stick around. SF at least, is accepting (on the whole) of a more disparate variety than most other places; there's far more variation between say, brad-t and regis than anything you'd find on SZ or SuFu

Last edited:

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw i actually don't think that's xhale. xhale pm'd me looking to buy something awhile ago as "12345678910" or something like that and told me to gmail him instead. we spoke, he said he would buy it, and i didn't hear back from him for days until i asked him what the deal was and he went "o i decided to get something else and forgot to respond."

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ah yes! along with my ploier cardigan

ps just wanna say joseph from suspension point is awesome, probably my favorite guy to deal with and the best service of any shop I deal with (besides sw of course but I don't buy much from ryan these days), if you guys aren't copping from him you should be.

Thanks! Now unpack that Ute Ploier and go wear it.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two days, you guys, two days left. Buy all your grail items while you still can appreciate them!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two days, you guys, two days left. Buy all your grail items while you still can appreciate them!

Feel this is a bs excuse in lines with yolo and that ****

Did have a shot with Jessie Andrews tonight though, still not that hot in person but very cool person

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty funny thing just happened.

I had ordered pickup from UPS for returning a package and accidentally gave them the wrong street number when asked for my address. The pick-up guy called me 5 minutes later correcting me, saying I must be wrong because that's not where I live, lol.

Funny when you always have the same guy delivering stuff to you.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right ear completely locked. Can't hear ****. ******* annoying.

That's all.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ah yes! along with my ploier cardigan :lol:
ps just wanna say joseph from suspension point is awesome, probably my favorite guy to deal with and the best service of any shop I deal with (besides sw of course but I don't buy much from ryan these days), if you guys aren't copping from him you should be
support him, got my petrov colorblock and lins shirt coming this week

the long cardi, correct? almost pulled the trigger but id like to see a fit pic to persuade me :D
which lins shirt? throne collar? or asym in black?

seconded, J is a great dude :slayer:
should be getting my little package today

TWorksheets

Reaction score
I'm still not really sure what brad (or brothersport or mikey) are getting at, but I disagree that cheap = boring. Here is a cheap look that I think is ******* rad:

I guess what makes it boring is that a lot of the guys posting basics have rather conservative tastes and go for the denim, ocbd, navy jacket, brown shoes look? If you want to use Mellow as an example of how to use a lot of basics you'll notice that he mixes it up with aggressive hems and colour combos (I think he posted one look with camel and grey that was :drool: ). Master Milano is another poster that has an eye for variety and interesting colour choices w/o the use of any of the blown-out SF items

I think there will always be distinct groups of people posting (ie. advice-seekers, thumb-seekers, etc.) For me it's just about contributing content. I really enjoy seeing what other people post and so I want to add to that and keep the thread going.

---

I also noticed that Parker has removed all his old pics, but I've seen his thumbs around...

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm here to farm thumbs and eventually trade them in for my very own pair of Styleforum x Clarks x Ervell Fairisle Baby Alpaca Desert Boots.

But really, good photography goes a looooong way. Oftentimes it elevates the fit by quite a bit

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Thanks! Now unpack that Ute Ploier and go wear it.

owassup :lol:

the long cardi, correct? almost pulled the trigger but id like to see a fit pic to persuade me :D
which lins shirt? throne collar? or asym in black?
seconded, J is a great dude :slayer:
should be getting my little package today

long yes, and throne

MS007

Reaction score

There's a marked SF groupthink.

Its not even Designer vs. Cheap or fast fashion. When people talk designer on SF they usually mean the handful of designers they have heard of or handled in their favorite store. 90% of Recent purchases is from the xth collection of the same guy, because Porter/Barneys/LNCC carries them. The variety on SF is very limited in that regard. Also, many of the fast fashion brands advocated here also base their design on past collections of the few big names in the business.

SF at least, is accepting (on the whole) of a more disparate variety than most other places; there's far more variation between say, brad-t and regis than anything you'd find on SZ or SuFu

This is more a compliment to brad than anything else, as he is one of the few posters on here that do extend that view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads