1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Just picked up this from Acne... the collar is detachable, the color and fabric are really nice in person. And I got one other random yoox brand band collar shirt recently. I like them so far.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

just had a hardcore marketplace sesh, got up to page...27! lol.

Also, grailed came through, found some MMM side zips for even less than the e-boutique! fangas crosses they fit!

1 person likes this.
  3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

it's actually ok in the wintertime though just no real fall weather

4. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

the desert is nice in winter… but best thing to do in PHX is sit by the pool :)

5. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thx totokaelo

54 people like this.
  6. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Surprisingly well drawn t-rex.

7 people like this.
  7. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

Totokaelo is hands down the best customer service interaction I've ever had with a shop online. They really go out of their way to do fun stuff for you.

8. thewho13

I freaking love Totokaelo. I'm going to call them on the phone or send them an email and tell them how much I adore their customer service.

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Well-Known Member

Send them a letter with a stegosaurus drawn on it.

2 people like this.
  10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

FTFY

11. thewho13

I'll just pull a Pierce Hawthorne and send them a vial of frozen—wait nevermind.

12. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

Be sure to stop at 5 vials, though.

13. superego

superego Well-Known Member

wide lapels and a deep v, tee or lightweight sweater, and you're good to go, no? think a tux jacket with contrasting lapels could actually be awesome if done right for this

:lol: @ t-rex and this^^...equally good in person. totally knowledgeable and accommodating

14. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been a big fan of banded collar shirts recently. Picked up a work shirt from RRL back in August which has basically been my go to shirt the last few months. RRL actually have quite a few really nice ones this season too, although not necessarily sure if they are the look you guys are looking for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They had a grey one similar in style to the white one too but I can't find a picture of it just now. This white one from Masnada is really nice too.

[​IMG]

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more talk here of the Masnada for men collection that was launched last summer. Bit different to the stuff I normally go for but the pieces I seen looked really nice. There's one really gorgeous overcoat and the suiting all looked really cool too. The only place I ever really seen it was my local shop Corniche but having said that I didn't really go looking for it.

http://corniche.org.uk/Masnada-Men/

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

I've seen a little of the masnada mens up close and it's nice. Some of the fabrics were really good. Seemed one of the "artisanal" brands like l&f or something just in earth tones rather than black. I tried on some tan-ish drop crotch pants (didn't like them on).

16. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

LOL. That T-REX is awesome!

After a quick Googling of the seller of my Grailed purchase...I discovered I have bought from a known sufu scammer! :eek: Pray for me!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  17. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

Recs and Rex so good. Thanks for that guys

What's the material on the acne shirt D?

18. Dorje

Dorje Well-Known Member

Snowman, it's a cotton poplin and the indigo color is very rich in person. Would look good with extended rise or wider leg pants I think. [​IMG] The only issue I have with it is the collar will be detached on one side when the top button is undone. Since I rarely if ever button the top button I am going to just sew the 2 xtra buttons it comes with together and use that to fasten one side of the collar if I want to wear the shirt with collar... or just let it hang like in the pic. I think I will wear it mostly without collar though.

1 person likes this.
  19. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

looks like an interesting shirt and almost like a thick silk from that photo. collar sounds neat!

20. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

rft:

i have noticed that when i wear MC gear, unless i choose not to intentionally, i always wear at least one patterned item. but for SWD i tend to reach for and put together all solid fits.

im not sure if that is a function of not having developed enough skill to incorporate patterned items for my SWD fits, or an actual preference towards all solid fits when it comes to my SWD gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.