1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thearkly

Thearkly Well-Known Member

Big men, skinny ties...

Edit:

Button up shirts with the buttons lined up like this "/" so it goes across the shirt.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, they always make me feel like a fool when I'm specific about a particular fit/cut. What's the point in me going to them if they totally ignore what I actually want my clothes to look like?

Speaking of which, took my Black Fleece suit to the tailor for the millionth time, and I think I totally got it tailored wrong for my body years ago when I was going for the "Thom Browne" look. It's too slim/cropped for me pretty much everywhere, probably gonna have to list it. Which is such a bummer, the fabric is so damn nice

3. Thearkly

This is a red flag. Leave the tailor now. I just went to get a shirt tailored at a random place. Well, all my shirts. They were asking me how I wanted them with virtually no input on their behalf. I am scared.

A tailor should offer good suggestions, but in your case your tailor seems to want to be in control.

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

This has been the case at all 3 tailors I've visited. However, once they see that I actually have a particular vision for how I want things to fit, they seem to respect it. Or I take the piece back and make them do it over lol

5. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Can anyone name some brands that make more interesting shirts? Not looking for over designed things, just collared shirts with a slight 'twist', like the Raf shirt with neoprene sleeves or the raf paneled one, Ann alphabet shirt, CdG dip dye, Yohji cut-and-sew... stuff like that.

6. mer6

mer6 Well-Known Member

I sent my two DRKSHDW long tees to the cleaners in the bag with my dad's work clothes, and after the clothes came back, one of them is now missing. I found the other one in my dad's closet this morning where he said they would be.

The only explanation for this is my dad is wearing DRKSHDW to work.

6 people like this.
  7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I went to the American Apparel Factory flea market this morning. Didn't buy a damn thing as I just happened to be in the neighborhood and realized I didn't feel like trying shit on, but what a crazy place. Just a gigantic floor or random clothing, discounts, screw-ups and the like. Could be fun for bargain hunting basics if you're in the mood.

8. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

that list looks good spope.

Add Rai Rai Ken (ramen) to the list, and hit it up after you check tokio 7.

Also add DSM to the list. And pack warmly if you are here tomorrow or wednesday.

9. Thearkly

How about.... A REVERSIBLE SHIRT!?

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Someone shop one of jameister's pics into one of those band kid/karate kid "they said I was ______" memes.

"They said my face looked punchable as I wore my Rick"

"I said their faces looked punchable as I ripped thumbs from their dead bodies"

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Liberty, Norse, Sophnet, EG, Gitman, Nanamica, White Mountaineering, PS, Opening Cermony x Adidas, Needles

1 person likes this.
  12. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

nah, go to totto for the ramen. though i'm biased because i know the ramen chef there ;x

1 person likes this.
  13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

About a week ago, I took in my wingtips to the cobbler to have some Vibram soles put on, and today they called me at work to say the white soles don't match the brown shoes, and the boss put a hold on things until I realized it would look like shit and that nobody ever does this.

I told them to Google image search 'vibram wingtips' and am hoping for the best. :eh:

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

jin ramen. Uptown represent!

15. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I swear, every time I take clothes to a tailor and tell them what I want, they say "no, that is not possible".

16. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

does anyone know really good/chill tailors in boston or clothing makers?

not sure why my name was initially on here lulzs

17. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

I really like when webshops have an "Outerwear" category rather than making me guess whether I want "Coats" or "Jackets".

10 people like this.
  18. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Speaking of tailors, is it blasphemy to have a tailor add a rear seam to an EG jacket to get rid of the back-tent effect? It fits great except for the way it juts out behind me from the midsection to the hem.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

I want to by Ms CWI some of the women's MMM high's on Ssense. They're ridiculous colors she'd never wear. I think I'm just projecting.

1 person likes this.
  20. Thearkly

So My shirts look long or short depending on the pants im wearking. Its driving me nuts[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.