1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Not too sure at the moment, posted in both watch threads and got a ton of recs. I like clean german design with something like Nomos but don't wear suits much if ever so not really practical. Then something like a sub is nice but doesn't really speak to me. Still going through now but need to stop in stores to try everything out. Just don't want it to be another expensive habit. Also don't want to buy anything I don't really want and then have to sell later. Once I cut shoes down to only MTOs and what I really want I can free up funds for a watch

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

If I could bump my budget up without feeling terribly irresponsible, AP Royal Oak jumbo maybe? That watch is a pretty iconic design and does double duty well.

Glashutte Original Senator hand date makes me happy too and is within my comfort zone money wise.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

lol'd @ 25k in shoes talk about frivolous spending, 5k max you don't need a zillion egs, jls, vass

c&j and carminas, 5 pairs you're only at 2.5k, all you need

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

When has this about what you need? You could get everything you "need" for about $2K, at your local Macy's, if you are a baller, and a few hundred if you don't have the funds, and need to go to your local JCP.

5. cyc wid it

Hey Fok, I was wondering if you could give a sneak peak of what might be coming in the next year with Styleforum Market and/or MTO's etc.

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

steven said upgrading your shoes is an easy way to spend 25k for a work wardobe which I found to be absurd if you're a sw guy and don't have 25k to waste on mc shoes to get by for work

7. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

Check out my interview with Paul and Sara of S.E.H. Kelly. A brand you all should be foaming at the mouth about.

3 people like this.
  8. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

That can usually be fixed really easily by a tailor. I think it's just a matter of raising or lowering the collar. that bump can happen on any level suit -- just depends on the pattern and how you are built (shoulders/back shape, etc). I still think OTR suit + a little tailoring mojo is the best way to go.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. superego

superego Well-Known Member

have you considered simply sizing up?

I'm a measured 45, though have worn a 44 jacket for as long as I can remember and also regularly get the slight ridge beneath the collar and some dimpling at the shoulders despite seams falling where they should on OTR stuff. has been remedied of late by simply going up to a 46/56 assuming shoulder length is also accommodative.

tried on two jackets tonight, 54 fit through the chest, slight ridge at the base of the collar and slight dimpling at the shoulders. 56, no ridge, no dimpling, still works through the chest. just need to get the waist taken in a bit more.

10. cyc wid it

Where to find tailor I can trust to do this competently? :embar:

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

My dog has the same hair style. :embar:

12. click here

click here Well-Known Member

How secured is the Opening Ceremony online store? I just tried checking out 2 times and both times there was an error saying my credit card has expired. Tried it once more and my order got through however I never got an email from them confirming my order. And now I just got a text from my bank saying to contact their Fraud Assist department regarding my credit card =/

13. Stitches

Stitches Well-Known Member

About as secure as Target...

But seriously, your order probably went through 3 times and triggered your banks fraud detection.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  14. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

grail is on eBay and somehow the Global Shipping Program fees are 1/3 the cost of the item. [​IMG]

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Yoox and Yoox sites (the corner) are hopeless for descriptions. The color for a Dries belt that I bought, according to Yoox, was "black". Yet, in the pictures, the color is clearly a very dark, black tinted brown, and on the box, the belt is clearly marked "DKBRN", which, in every naming system known, means "Dark Brown." I mean, I wanted it to be dark brown, instead of black (I have limited use for things that are a straight up black), but you'd hope that TheCorner would be able to read a label.

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

perhaps it's a sign you should stop copping belts

2 people like this.
  17. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Hey, at the ridiculous discounts they sell stuff at, they can label there shoot whatever they want. Hell that just make it more likely it'll make it to deep discount for yours truly

1 person likes this.
  18. cyc wid it

OC has been compromised before. I remember they sent out an apology email sometime last year or late 2011.

19. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Apparently content people aren't worth hiring.

20. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

The little roll under the collar is usually because your posture is slightly more erect than the pattern of the suit.

Now here is the rub: most men stand more erect than normal when looking at themselves in the mirror or when being fitted by a tailor (which, anectodally, is why some old school bespoke tailors prefer to do fittings without a mirror). Also, turning your head to check your back may create the ripple.

So, in conclusion, you need to assess the back of your suit when in your most "normal" posture - walk around the room a little, shake your arms, then look at a 3-way mirror without changing your posture. If the collar roll is still there, have a semi-competent alteration tailor fix it.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.