1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

@cyc wid it downtown SJ?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

3. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Well-Known Member

Man, I'm definitely contemplating buying Rick Owens Ramones in white pony hair. Tried them on today in Sneakerboy - funny set up btw as they have 2 store fronts with minimal stock so I had to try a different colour to get my size (and they didnt even have my correct size) and then the whites in the only size they had in them to see what they looked like. You then have to go online to order, there's no walking away with an impulse buy which feels like they're missing out as they have the stores and pay staff/rent etc.

Anyway, the white colour is so impractical for my wardrobe but I'm strangely drawn to them, even though I have no idea how i'd work them into rotation. I realise I'm posting the exact quandary everyone has with Geobaskets every few months. Sorry.

4. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Doooo it! :slayer:
    Ponyhair ramones are awesome, easily one of ricks coolest sneaker designs besides og dunks

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

create fedex acct and put a note on acct to deliver at side door or to leave on front door or something

6. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I was going to guess Extremely Versace Night at 1015 Folsom.

3 people like this.
  7. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Really digging the newer Y-3 stuff. If I was going to go tech fashion id rock some of this stuff

1 person likes this.
  8. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

@jet posts a recent purchase of a cardigan and now it's instantly sold out LOL

I've been looking at the same one since the presale but decided not to pull the trigger.

1 person likes this.
  9. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yeah I have one, still gets ignored unless I call in and complain

Interesting info, I guess that is why I've been able to get drivers to come back especially the ones who never made the stop in the first place. I work from home and am up pretty much at 6am everyday so pretty much guarantee if I hear it or not.

Are there big penalties for drivers if they can't make the 10:30am deadline? Because the ones who don't drive by always put in delivery exception between 10:21 and 10:27.

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

some of it's cool. some is also kinda goofy. yesterday my wife and I walked past the Y-3 store in Soho and she busted out laughing at the guys window mannequin. looked like it was wearing an ugly sweater dress. but i have seen some pieces that look good, and the runway shows can be kinda cool. if you buy online, be sure to look at detail shots. there's branding all over, so even something like a blazer will usually have Y-3 plastered on it somewhere.

11. Benesyed

Where I live no one knows what Y-3 is so i dont mind discrete branding. No one else is really looking. But ya there are some goofy peices. On the whole though, I have liked a lot of the peices. No clue how they are quality wise but the one pair of sneakers I have have taken a massive beating and still are going strong. Which is impressive given the iffy quality of mainline yyph footwear (from what i have heard)!

12. pickpackpockpuck

i don't mind the branding on certain pieces, like shorts or sweats or something like that, but it does bug me sometimes on stuff like blazers. black blazer with bright orange Y-3 on back of shoulder—I'll pass. as for quality, everything is pretty good. they use some cool fabrics. sometimes the fabrics are too "athletic" for me, but that's their angle. i imagine it's all produced by adidas and has no relation to yohji's production, so I don't think whatever problems his footwear may have would show up in their stuff.

on a separate note, I think Nike did an amazing job in 2013. by far one of the top brands of the year.

13. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Well-Known Member

What are these problems that Yohji's footwear has?

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Most likely why, we don't have those here (or they didn't when I had the job).

15. Benesyed

I remember a train of people posting on the yohji thread about how fragile the footwear was.

16. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

also very good job with sales.. I think 8 out of 10 people in SoCal are wearing Nike Frees.

3 people like this.
  17. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

aside from the life size polo horses, most branding on clothing does not bother me much.

18. Find Finn

They had that last year here, this year it's was lunars

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  19. pickpackpockpuck

parker is still right. frees sold a ton in 2013 (he was talking about sales, not what was hyped)

polo by ralph lauren

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Find Finn

Like I said they wore lunars here and not free, there's a lot of AM as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.