1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Yeah of course. Whenever I try to type anything there's a jitter between each typed of letter and it's not a connection issue because I haven't had any issues with it on any other forum. Sometimes when I'm typing it'll crash but what I typed will still be there. Everything is up to date as far as I know, I've seen a few other members commenting on a similar issue as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Well-Known Member

He likes knits, and jackets that are buttoned up all the way.

3. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I think he means like, which iPhone are you using, for example ... probably best to PM him.

2 people like this.
  4. el Bert

IPhone 5 never had issue with it before

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Alright. I reported this. No idea what is the matter, but I know that the desktop version of Safari had some issues with some sites. Our software is not a common forum software (IPB, VB, Xenforo), btw. Are you having issues on any other sites where you input text?

Thanks,

Fok.

6. el Bert

I haven't had any issues with other websites, it's weird feels like I'm on dial up when I'm on this forum with my iPhone.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I'm going to continue buying cheap suits but expensive accessories, outerwear, and shoes :embar:

lol

8. LA Guy

It is possibly a side effect of the otherwise useful "save draft" issue. Most users like the feature, but there have been some problems with a few different OS/browser configurations. People are working on fixing this.

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

for me on iPhone when I hit back to go to my subscriptions again there is a lag sometimes in it loading and freezing for two seconds whereas on no other sites do this

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the ads re iPhone

11. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

Yeah, now I'm getting the audio/video ads browsing SF on my iPhone

12. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    any time i try to type a post safari crashes (mac) :(

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

I'm just bitter I have to hang Sheetrock all day

14. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

Join the Dark Side

1 person likes this.
  15. LA Guy

So, that shouldn't happen. You should report those (browser, advertiser, and if possible, a screenshot), on the "Transparent Moderation" thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/164395/transparent-moderation-log-site-topics-part-ii/

I don't know how much you guys know about online advertising, but it's a new paradigm that no one has really figured out yet. The publisher (so, the website) has no idea what ads are being shown, and to whom. There are "filters" that the ad networks, which represent large numbers of clients, are bidding in real time everytime a page is brought uo. We (well, not me personally) can control what ads are allowed (and this, the bidding process) by use of the filters, but not all ad networks abide by these 100%. Ads are miscategorized, or ad networks willingly let them through, etc... Only the individual user ever knows what specific ads they see. We don't. And of course, different people see different ads based on browsing history, geographic location, etc... This is a new paradigm because for the first time in telecommunications, there is an incredible amount of personalization, to the degree that publishers cannot hope to track what ad is being shown, to whom, and when and where.

This never happened with television, radio, etc... Anyway, tl;dr - if you see stuff like audio/video ads, please report them to the trans mod thread (where the reports will be seen for sure.) Otherwise, we have no idea that this is going on. And in order to weed out/stern talk to, the culprits, we need usernames, advertisers, screenshots., browser and OS, etc... so that we can figure out who is the bad actor.

16. LA Guy

This is a Safari specific problem, and Safari has actually issued a patch: Please upgrade to 6.1.1 or 7.0.1. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6082 for more info. Also. if you are in the "full page" editor, this seems to exacerbate the problem. A fix is being pushed out as we speak, but yeah, a PITA. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  17. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

My mac hasn't crashed since the patch and I have no iPhone problems.

18. Isachenko

Isachenko Well-Known Member

There a lot of things I like. Some of the rarer stuff I can't post about until I acquire them due to limited availability. I'm also in the exchange process for multiple out of production items which I can't post on until the right size arrives.

For the common stuff I like Inis Meain a lot, their knits are light enough to wear indoors comfortably and to layer under jackets like my Peter Millar's fancy coat which looks fantastic out in the sun. For pants I like Oliver Spencer, BoO, Corneliani.

There's stuff from almost every popular designer I like, Schneider, Leder, MMM, Junya, EG.

The list goes on but don't know where you got the idea I don't like anything. I just mention the gimmicks when I see them, I wish others would too so I don't have to.

19. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Shame law school didn't work out but drywall work pays well

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.