1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen these specific Rafdidas for sale anywhere? Can't seem to find this model.

[​IMG]

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

You are about a year late.

3. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

I thought these were part of the F/W 13 collection along with the other Raf Simons x Adidas

4. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

The Homespun coalminer works great for me :)

5. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Well-Known Member

cheapest place to buy AF1 white lows? preferably gum sole but afaik they are rare =[

6. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

if anyone who lives in new york and is a good photographer and is interested in helping out with capsule january 21-24 (and meeting plokhov and geller) PM me!

2 people like this.
  7. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

^^ If only my break was longer - would have been down to help. Someone do it!

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they are F/W12

9. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

That's the one that I have that fits me best. I wouldn't mind a little more length in the sleeves and body, but I'm weird like that.

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Went to Dover Street Market NYC today. There was a huge line but it was just for the nike supeme collabo or something.

I wasn't that impressed with the place, really--it's very runway-y, which is fascinating but not that relatable. I did see a dress that costs 14 grand tho. Brands I did know had really weird buys, like the SNS selection was all stuff I'd never seen before, the junya was all vests and cropped pants, and only one leather in the Rick Owens section. Maybe the idea was to show an alternative to the normal buys out there. Plz keep In mind that this paragraph is coming from a totally underinformed place.

The space is cool--a lot of bare white, strange arrangements of the goods, unlabeled art pieces. The highlight to me was the visvim, but hey, I like that brand. I didn't see any designers I didn't know about already that I was like "oh cool" about.

I had a lot more fun seeing the margiela, dries, etc at IF Boutique later in the day.

One thing about NYC: I saw more than five pairs of what I'm pretty sure were Rick sneakers out in the wild. Didn't expect that.
    Also, does every menswear place in this city sell the same set of CDG fragrances and like one token non CDG pick? I have more choice in North Carolina. Of, course, almost all my choices in NC suck, but still, NYC, no variety.

3 people like this.
  11. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

ugh. some kid came into the cafe i work at today in a sweatshirt/blazer like jacket (almost resembling eg porter jacket), slouchy wool herringbone pants with cool pocket details and wallabees. looked really cool. asked him where he got the pants from, hoping to engage in a discussion about cool brands, etc. he got them from urban outfitters. i was sad.

12. unwashed mass

unwashed mass New Member

lol

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=29631470&parentid=M_BOTTOMS

shop this look

13. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Well-Known Member

Did you mutter "pleb" under your breath as he walked away?

1 person likes this.
  14. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

"Fuccboi..." mike868y muttered to himself.
    "What? What did you say?"
    "N-nothing."
    "Uh, cool, dude. Well, thanks for the coffee."
    "You too."

9 people like this.
  15. Jabonator

Jabonator Well-Known Member

I seem to have got a stain on my wool blazer - guessing it's ketchup or something from some drunken eating. Anything I can do on my own, or do I just need to take it to a laundry place?

16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Oh and this town is lousy with dudes in biker jackets or blacked out leather-sleeved wool varsities.

17. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

lol, nah. i don't really care i was just disappointed we couldn't talk about cool brands.

18. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

StyleForum, I think
    it is time that I quit you.

See you next Sunday

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The best stuff on Mr. Porter doesn't really appeal to their core demographic, which means that stuff like this Christophe Lemaire jacket is still available at a good price: http://www.mrporter.com/product/372304. And George Cleverly is not a well known name, but it's actually one of the best shoemakers in Northhampton, and these, at 50% off, are a really good deal: http://www.mrporter.com/product/365000

I've found that, by and large, it's not the best stuff that's gone first. It's the hyped pieces in boring colors. This is especially prevalent on Mr. Porter, which caters to an affluent, but conservative. clientele; but also to SSENSE, which has a more designer focused, audience. I mean, a black leather 5-zip. Nice jacket, but whoopee. How exciting is it at the end of 2013? By comparison, Haven, which is more streetwear brands, seems to have more adventurous buys (including brand list), and more adventurous customers.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.