1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

hm has some nice looking fucking sweaters out right now, i'm sure they're junk but they look nice

2. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

i'm safe from jail.... for now :slayer:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

this one looks pretty nice and for $25 and 100% cotton aint bad man

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

I'm working from home for the foreseeable future, and with the weather cooling down, I need "lazy stay at home dude" style that isn't a pair of Uni-Qlo shorts and a t-shirt

Can I get any better than LL bean for this kind of thing?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I have no idea what this costume is supposed to mean, err I don't wear berets, Margiela does though.

6. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Wearing a tie and not buttoning your shirt -- keeps it casual. :laugh:

Like the first look, though. That one looks like it came straight from the Ervell web site.

1 person likes this.
  8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Wings and Horns robe

Quoddy lodge moccs

Or Sleepy Jones PJ set

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

That coat fits very slim - we're already processing exchanges for people who did not size up. Especially if you intend to wear more than a shirt underneath.

It's both for returned items back in stock, and for new stock coming in of that product - whenever feasible within a reasonable timeframe, we are restocking on items that ran out. For example, we're getting more Inis Meain, Drakes and Lunettes Kollektion items that are sold out now. As soon as the item gets back in inventory in the size requested, you get an email telling you it's available. As jet said, it's important for us to see what is requested so that we can place orders accordingly. We're not a large operation like other big e-commerce sites that track your every click and therefore can extract all sorts of browsing/click data on what people want - so we rely on good old direct communication like that. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Forgot how comfy that robe is. Adding it to my Christmas want list along with CdG card holder and the Toro Bravo cookbook. If giving is the best gift of all I want my family to be happy.

11. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

I own both of these items [​IMG] (0)

I miss the old style moccasin slippers they used to have years ago. They had a much thinner, softer sole that was nice for around the house. These ones feel like they're bordering on something you could wear even past the mailbox and out into the real world. Not so good.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The problem could be one of three things:
    1) He is trying for a high-low concept that is just poorly executed.
    2) He was given a specific budget.
    3) He was given specific brand and item guidelines - this happens a lot, and you are stuck with "wtf am I going to do with the mess of stuff?"

1 person likes this.
  13. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

You should grab Minnetonka Moccasins. They have several kinds of thin soled moccasins. I have a pair of fringed boots very reminiscent of Visvim Shaman sneakers that are perfect for lounging around the house in.

14. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

All of the shearling lined Minnetonka's I've ever seen had similarly thick rubber soles. The old LL Bean mocs had a very, very thin rubber sole that was nice. Ideally I would find some shearling-lined ones with a thin leather sole. Maybe I'll try to seek out something like that and get it for myself for Christmas :)

15. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/Products/Detail/traditional-pile-lined-softsole

[​IMG]

http://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/Products/Detail/sheepskin-softsole-moccasin-mens

1 person likes this.
  16. 1400Hoodie

1400Hoodie Well-Known Member

a mystical carnival dimension of fleece-cotton tra
    Was there in VIP and that robe up close was jaw dropping.....looking at pics doesn't do it justice. The embroidered jewelry work was insane, literally the coldest piece of clothing I've ever seen in life.

17. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

List of people I'd want to see gdl arm wrestle: Charly Knucks Kunk
    Years ago Nordstrom used to carry best best moccasin style slippers, but they've stopped carrying them. It wasn't until last winter that I discovered that Minnetonka Moccasins was making them for Nordstrom. Those are my personal fave.

18. LA Guy

From the good armwrestlers I've seen, a lot of very specific strength and technique is needed. Although Charly and Knucks are decided more musclebound than gdl, he is considerably taller (unless Charly and Knucks are just huge, proportional human beings, like Shaq), and has much longer arms, which are a huge benefit. Kunk is pretty tall, and has really long arms, so I don't think that gdl is going to be able to take that one.

19. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Charly is pretty tall. Like 6' 0 or something. (5' 11"?)

20. LA Guy

That's not that tall. I'm 5'11", and definitely do not consider myself tall - I'd say "medium". Greg is somewhere over 6'2". I guess it depends on your frame of reference. I am about to go to the gym, and among the group of guys with whom I work out (well, we work out independently, but chat occasionally), I am definitely among the shorter and smaller, at 5'11" and 175 lbs. Most of the guys weigh in at 200 lbs plus, and I would guess that while 5'11" is not short, it's probably the median height. There are a lot of guys who are 6'2 or 6'3", and I'd consider them tall. A couple of guys clear 6'5".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.