1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superego

superego Well-Known Member

part 2 in the "I feel like I could craft a wardrobe entirely from jackets" series:

thamanyah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

julius
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RO
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i knew kanye was retarded but wow that interview points out how retarded he is. basically bitches and moans how nobody in the fashion industry wants to take him seriously. which they should because you know, he designed a back to the future rip off sneaker that sold for thousands to hypebeasts. obviously that automatically makes a you a colleague of raf simons and hedi slimane.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

And he put in his hours as a fashion designer drawing Jordans as a child.

1 person likes this.
  4. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Hey now, he also came up with idea for leather sweatpants and they are selling like bread right out the oven.

If you google leather sweatpants you get a picture of Alicia keys, Rihanna and bunch women's online shops, the only guy is Kanye.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  5. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

I feel bad for people who've spent any serious amount of time following anything Kanye has done after he parodied Evel Knievel. It was all downhill pretty fast after that.

6. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Well-Known Member

I didn't get the hype around College Dropout, so never paid much attention after that. He seems like a clown. A wildly successful, embittered, manic depressive clown.

Rather than whining about Nike and Fendi treating him like a garden pest, he really ought to drop his own collection. With his unparallelled access to 16-25 year old wannabe playa virgins (as well as their moms' gold cards) he could wipe his ass on pink polos and sell them all day long. Look at that coma-inducing APC collabo that sold out in a heartbeat. Take that money fo yoself, Ye.

Black tapered jeans with custom hardware. Some fucking tees and sweatshirts. A black varsity with gold Watch the Throne snaps and your snarling face printed on the lining. High top cp knckoffs with sharkskin details. It ain't that hard

1 person likes this.
  7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Leave the sharks out of this, they've got enough problems already

I'd rather flense a scrap off Kanye himself -- call it the involuntary Sruli Recht collection

8. Noctone

Noctone Well-Known Member

He has dropped his own collection. Two of them, in fact. Didn't go over so well.

Heard he's gonna give it another go with the help of someone from Balmain.

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I know Amazon is huge in the US, but it seems like they are huge in the US and the US alone, we don't get all of those benefits the americans get here.

You got to remember one thing Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, ebay, google etc. etc. were all started in someones basement, garage or college dorm, so who says the next big thing can't be right around the corner and the young people growing up now start using computers as toddlers, so they are going to be insanely skilled at a young age.

Forgot to mention this, but before my other post multiple people had made complaints about ebay, paypal and amazon, so not everyone's happy.

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Anyone who has followed Ye for even a little bit knows this is pretty typical hubris/retaliation that we've come to expect from him. I mean, this is the guy who dissed the South Park writers in a song because of a parody episode they made of him basically saying he was too serious about jokes...

But he is a brilliant musician, a rare critical/commercial success and I think he fascinates us and will continue to

Plus, My Dark Twisted Fantasy is fucking GOOD

5 people like this.
  11. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

Lol i didnt know this, this makes that episode so much better.

Like fish stick brah? :rotflmao:

12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

I don't follow him or his music, but the guy seems off balance, probably mentally ill

The way he responded to Jimmy Kimmels sketch....and I don't if anyone else realized this, but it proved that South Park episode gayfish absolutely correct

Edit: Reedo beat me too it

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

There's no doubt he's a little off balance, mentally, but it's not like he's the lone psychotic in the creative community

1 person likes this.
  14. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Well-Known Member

This makes me so grumpy too. Anytime my SO wants to try out a new style or a risky piece of clothing, there's always something at target/urban outfitters/american apparel that she can see if she wants to buy better variants from another store. And I'm digging through B+S to find something to experiment and calling a $300 price tag a good deal and "not too much of a risk." :(

15. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, he wants legitimacy, to be recognized as a designer and only the fashion industry can give him that.

It doesn't have anything to do with skills though, it has to do with traffic and visibility. There are dozens of alternatives struggling out there (and dozens more that failed and folded), do you know about them ? No. Nobody does. Ebay/Amazon had it easy, they were among the first to make foray into a largely untapped market which eventually allowed them to develop quasi-monopolistic positions. It's immensely more difficult/impossible for new companies to get their foot in the door today and the ones that do usually get bought out. The most likely development in the coming years is the multiplication of niche auction sites.

16. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

Kanye gets a lot of flack for what's basically just an acute case of serious egotism. As far as I can guess, he has not yet: hit a woman, shot anybody, evaded his taxes, scammed the American public out of billions of dollars, or spilled an outrageous amount of petroleum into the ocean and thus harming the environment and our precious aquatic life. Sure he throws tantrums, but Beethoven would often go into drunken flights of rage which is probably worse I'm sure. (And before anyone here suggests we not compare the cultural value of those two, how many people actually listen to Beethoven today and consider him relevant?) I'm not fond of Kanye's lyrics about women, nor do I like the big ego shit, but I think it's a little silly that he gets singled out as some big stupid, awful clown.

Meanwhile we still pay homage to plenty of dudes who have done some awful shit and no one blinks.

19 people like this.
  17. Noctone

Kanye is a bit crazy and a little too sensitive, but I respect the passion and the talent. I think he's a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for. Kimmel's jab at him was pretty lazy, unfunny and out of touch and he deserved to be called out on it.

18. Noctone

Same shit happens to LeBron. The greatest crime a successful person (especially if they're black) can commit is the crime of not being extremely humble.

5 people like this.
  19. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

nvm

20. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.