1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Wrong, you should take it out at least once a day.

Where is Lefty when you need him.

Funny how this is random fashion thoughts and no one is talking about fashion and the food and dog threads are dead.

2. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

A backyard doesn't stimulate a dog the same way as a walk does. To a dog, a yard is still just a boring old house. It's nice if you're lazy but it's still best for the dog to take it on long walks. I would only use a yard to actively play/train.

I think that's a huge problem with pet owners, in that they only think of what is convenient for the owner. Owning a pet comes with responsibility...now how much attention does a cat need?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Seriously, enough about dogs.

Let's get back to something sorta fashion related. I'll let the dog posts stand for now, but if there is one more dog post, I will start a new dog thread in one of the
    lifestyle forums and move everything there.

Fok = doesn't care about dogs, one way or the other.

5 people like this.
  4. LA Guy

Yeah. knit innerwear is trending. It was shown in the lingerie and also swimwear shows for SS14. I imagine that a lot of it will be in cotton/cashmere. It's only a matter of time before someone posts a picture of a Aran Isles bra and panty set. I imagine you'd need liners in them :foo:

5. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Well-Known Member

For cats it's really best to have two of a similar age. They will play with each other and will actually in my experience get more friendly with people if there's another cat buddy around. I also make time every day to play with the cats with string/toys/laser pointer/whatever. Cats actually do need attention contrary to popular belief, especially if you don't let them outside (not a good idea in a US city).

6. Find Finn

7. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I have no idea what kind of jacket I want for this fall. A TOJ MA-1 would be nice, but I don't particularly wish to wait until next fall to receive it.

1st world problems.

8. LA Guy

In other news - you guys should really check out the Thurston Bros. thread. I don't know how many of you know about the traditional leather jacket companies, but Aero is right up there with the best, and most iconic, UK makers, like Lewis leathers. I don't think that they've done the same amount of outreach to the fashion community, and so they don't have high profile collaborations like the Lewis Leathers x Junya Watanabe one, but they are really legit, and he prices are about as good as leather jackets of that quality get. Part of the problem is that the Thurston Bros. site doesn't really appeal to fashionheads, and is not really that well laid out for purchases, and the pictures are not as good as that on Japanese sites like Mushman's:

http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=50202308

For example, this A-1 jacket:
    http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=59456330

in nearly identical to this:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/358658/...-official-affiliate-thread/50_50#post_6570165

But the pictures in the one are just more appealing.

I'm invested in this particularly affiliate because I feel that we need a really legit leather jacket store on our roster. I'm going to call in and order my own jacket (Aero Fontana cafe racer in midnight blue, with silver Talon bell pull zippers.) later today, if they are open.

9. LA Guy

In other news - you guys should really check out the Thurston Bros. thread. I don't know how many of you know about the traditional leather jacket companies, but Aero is right up there with the best, and most iconic, UK makers, like Lewis leathers. I don't think that they've done the same amount of outreach to the fashion community, and so they don't have high profile collaborations like the Lewis Leathers x Junya Watanabe one, but they are really legit, and he prices are about as good as leather jackets of that quality get. Part of the problem is that the Thurston Bros. site doesn't really appeal to fashionheads, and is not really that well laid out for purchases, and the pictures are not as good as that on Japanese sites like Mushman's:

http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=50202308

For example, this A-1 jacket:
    http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=59456330

in nearly identical to this:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/358658/...-official-affiliate-thread/50_50#post_6570165

But the pictures in the one are just more appealing.

I'm invested in this particularly affiliate because I feel that we need a really legit leather jacket store on our roster. I'm going to call in and order my own jacket (Aero Fontana cafe racer in midnight blue, with silver Talon bell pull zippers.) later today, if they are open.

10. Find Finn

Goldenbear does custom jackets.

Also enough with the cake talk, I'm hungry now.

11. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

Fok double post? unimaginable.....

1 person likes this.
  12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Vanson x Junya was pretty sick.

13. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Well-Known Member

I see you havent sold the converse.... Mind answering my PM :marchal:

14. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Well-Known Member

Re: Thurston Bros.: Does anyone here actually own a piece by a brand they carry? Maybe the twinned forces of TOJ and the Dark Lord Cartel have chased all the traditionalists back to their mountaintop garages. I have a Schott, but it's from the 60s, so it's irrelevant.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

I have no PM's from you in my inbox...

16. LA Guy

I do, though nothing from Aero, yet. I think that the marketing teams for a lot of these companies have got to step up their game. Aero jackets are ridiculous in person, but there are not any cool editorial pieces in any major fashion periodical, that I can remember.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Marketing is not easy, you either have some very creative in house or you have it done externally. And I don't know whether there is compliance involved outside of meeting requirements set.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  18. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

I agree, alot of the repro guys who run / work / operate these stores and businesses sorta come across as huge nerds, they probably dont take this stuff into consideration as they are focusing on the clothing game above all else. There is a lot of potential thats untapped.

19. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

I like the look of those J106s, but pretty sure I am not the right person to wear one.

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Describe yourself…
    I’m shy and I always wear black.

Why do you like Yohji Yamamoto’s clothes?
    Yohji’s clothes create a mature ambience. I love the sense of cleanliness and purity that comes when people only wear black.

-YUKIO NINAGAWA. Theatre Director, 76.

23 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.