1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

In "same news, different day", GILT is now trying to sell Unionmade goods with the retail price marked up 50%+. So silly.

2. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Stanley van Buren!! Stanley van Buren!!!!

3 people like this.
  3. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever checked out Saint Alfred in Chicago before? I'm gonna stop by today to see what their Visvim and Sophnet collection are like.

4. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a cool little shop. I know fishbones was there recently and picked up some wtaps x vans?

Streetwear of the sophnet and nbhd type. They had some awesome NdG deadstock when I was there last fall but I'm sure it's long gone.

1 person likes this.
  5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Damn, that's pretty crazy. Luckily based on how some of my relatives have aged, I will probably avoid that kind of weight gain. I wouldn't mind a 2002 though; I've always thought those were pretty cool cars. I'm on car #14 currently and haven't kept anything longer than 4 years. I don't know if I have this kind of dedication to one particular model.

I kind of wish I'd kept my 1988 BMW 528e that I had in high school and my first year of college. But it had 194k on it when I sold it, it would be close to 350k now (and probably would have blown up before it reached that).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  6. mer6

mer6 Well-Known Member

Gotta eat at Morimoto, the sushi and sashimi are fantastic and it's right below the lower entrance to the High Line.

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Damn, SVB, 14 cars and counting. I like cars and I'd love to own something fun to drive, but the practical side in me wins every time. As a result, I've had the same ride for 10 years and counting.

Also, TheWho, you should look at preferred stock (not the cologne) as a short term investment strategy. They are basically bonds, are pretty liquid, aren't all that volatile, and they offer fairly attractive yields (5-8%). Also, not sure what you make, but as a recent college grad, I know it may not be a ton (though maybe it is). If you're income is low enough you may qualify for a traditional IRA (as opposed to the Roth) which will lower your tax liability now. The future tax liability of both is supposed to be neutral, but if you're on a tight budget is can be nice to have that extra money today. 401k plans with employer matching contributions are obviously the best, but not every employer offers that.

1 person likes this.
  8. futuresailors

futuresailors Well-Known Member

The toro and oysters are exceptional. They have cool bathrooms to make up for the drink prices.

1 person likes this.
  9. mer6

mer6 Well-Known Member

They weren't that exorbitant. I thought their nonalcoholic drinks were actually kinda fantastic (that blueberry iced tea was out of this world and may have ruined iced tea for me forever).

But yeah, their bathrooms were very cool, but the music volume was huge in there. I get that it's to muffle noise, but it was really loud. Everything in Morimoto was just over the top I guess.

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

thanks for the rec sounds expensive, we have tons of stellar sushi for cheap here so not sure I'd venture to try it out

so tempted to cop the buzz ma-1 so i can get my fuuma on but i told myself i'd wait until i sold some more shit which of course is not happening bc either a) im a dick and my prices are too high? or b) b&s is worthless right now and has been for quite some time unless you have a pair of carpes to sell

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  11. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

anyone have a pair of carpes to sell? :spam:

1 person likes this.
  12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Are varsities over?

1 person likes this.
  13. snake

snake Well-Known Member

I hope so. Never been a fan.

5 people like this.
  14. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

also why i am stuck fashion wise cause i upped a size in shirts and pants and can't get rid of old shit

1 person likes this.
  15. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

why u no kop when i link you >:

16. MarkZR

MarkZR Member

Coat was being shown MR.Find Finn and let me pardon first that if that has been deleted then it is not my fault.

17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

TNT (shipping) has one of the least user friendly sites ever.

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Don't tell the Toj thread and APC.

:eh:

19. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Well-Known Member

was just going to waywt a varsity [​IMG]

20. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

to boots? when was this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.