1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

With nice alcohol you shouldn't need any ice in it or at most those frozen plastic balls

And anybody get glasses from Warby Parker? It's been a huge clusterfuck for me to get a simple pair of glasses. Website didn't work originally for prescription, so emailed and they said I could get prescription filled and to call and order. Called in my order and emailed in my prescription then get an email a few hours later saying my prescription can't be filled. (With the biggest copy / paste mix of fake apologies I've ever seen from any company). Email back and said you guys just told me yesterday via email and on phone it could be filled. They get back and say oh sorry actually it can be filled we'll work on it now. Get my glasses today, idiots typed in wrong prescription :brick:

And my Confederacy code (which had amazing service, sales girl sat next to me for half an hour and went frame by frame with me) never got applied to my order neither.

tl;dr anybody have serious hassles dealing with Warby Parker?

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  2. skintight

skintight Well-Known Member

That's what people in college endorsed and there are plenty of people I have met in the "real world" who are probably alcoholics and all they do is ruin everything - e.g. being so drunk that they are bumping into people on the dancefloor, or being so drunk that they cut people in line at McDonald's (only place open past 10pm near me) and are too inebriated to figure out how to use their card to buy anything.

I have no problem with people who have a drink or two (my friends do usually) but there are way too many people who can't control themselves and I'm sure they would be better off without alcohol.

3. skintight

is that an actual saying or

4. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

holy shit dude shut up

8 people like this.
  5. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Well-Known Member

is the lncc code not working for you guys no mores? :(

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So wish I was in NYC for this.

Sunspel pop up shop
    Saturday June 1, 2013 from 12 to 4 p.m. at
    C’H‘C’M, 2 Bond Street, New York, NY

Guests can screen print Sunspel clothing with new limited-edition House Industries graphics.

1 person likes this.
  7. skintight

ok

in other random fashion thoughts:
    i have been working with some photographers who are really talented but they lack connections in the fashion industry so working with them won't really get me anywhere
    but the one photographer that has tons of connections is untalented and i don't really want to work with him because the results are unusable for my portfolio
    do i maximize the quality work for my portfolio or should i focus on making connections even though i'm not really sure exactly what i want to do in my career yet?

8. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

Good def worth watching if you like scifi

9. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Maybe I interpreted the title of the thread too literally...I thought it was strictly "booze", as in liquor.

Also, fashion-related because I manage to spill beer on most of my clothing.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Are twisted leg jeans always uncomfy as hell or am I... doing it wrong?

11. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

I've order (in total, including for the girlfriend) 6 pairs of glasses from them and have a friend who's ordered 3 and none of us have ever had any issues. The process for me was simple as can be, they even called my eye doc's for me to get the prescription.

12. nahneun

which twist leg jeans are you talking about?

are your calves massive? if so, they'll probably be uncomfortable, but so would pretty much every single slim pants.

13. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Zam DNA jeans.

I have pretty big legs from cycling, but I can normally wear fairly slim pants. They took me like 10 minutes to get on lol. They look rad tho.

14. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

Always worked fine for me. Calling in an order is asking for trouble.

15. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

mine were kinda uncomfortable at first but it was just a matter of figuring out where/how they should twist. you might have to experiment a little. they run kinda small too, maybe size up if it doesn't get easier.

16. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm between a 46 and 48 and went with a 48, the fit is great in general, maybe a little tight in the upper calves, it was just the twisting that's tricky. Kind of limits your range of motion. Why it gotta look so cool.

17. nahneun

ime with all of my twist pants, it's all about lining the outseam properly. if you do that, it should fit much more comfortably.

18. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

was looking at the new soloist lookbook. i'm sure everything will be cooler in person, but not feeling it so much from the images

http://www.thisheartsonfire.com/?p=44828

[​IMG]

re: cuts of "artisanal" brands, i feel like they're trying to reinvent the wheel a lot of times in terms of construction. it becomes a game of how do we make a shirt or a pair of pants from completely different pattern pieces/seams than you would traditionally see. the result can be pretty awkward, though it can be cool when it works

19. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

That pic up there looks pretty damn cool (minus the boots).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.