1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

hate this sort of shit. from shuitsang's tumblr

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

clearly the only appropriate response is to look that man in the eyes and say, "your mom costs $4000"

Last edited: May 1, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

thinking of buying a car. this too much?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

this is fucking awesome. i imagine shuit saying this and then spiraling around, his cape floating as he strides out the front door

6 people like this.
  6. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Well-Known Member

I've never been to this store, but I've definitely heard similar stories in the past. It's always tough to reconcile guys like this with something like streetwear clothing, where it's often about backlash to status obsessed dick heads. Reminds me too much of the dudes in school that used to give me shit for wearing skinny jeans and are now wearing skirts and balmain biker pants.

7. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

only too much if you buy it in Toronto. I hear the classifieds price elsewhere is ~$1700 - 2000

3 people like this.
  8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Anyone use Airbnb in Manhattan with good results? Looked in the travel forum but figured might get more response here...

9. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Well-Known Member

Myself and a friend (on separate occasions) have rented airbnb places in Manhattan. Both of us had really positive experiences. If it makes a difference, we both rented places where the actual tenant was not around during our stay for privacy reasons

1 person likes this.
  10. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

How cold?
    Johnstons have good wool or cashmere ones that are white nice. But in realty a thicker fleece blanket works best for outdoors

11. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

That shit happened to me and a friend at a Barney's Co-Op of all fucking places. Not sad at all that place closed shop.

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Hah that's funny because one of my favorite blankets is merino blanket from Johnstons. Very nice, warm and not itchy, but I can't imagine getting it dirty.
    Something more,, washable and can be beat up while looking nice is what I am looking for. As for temperature I am looking at evenings in Spring/Fall.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Prob just going with the W midtown :(

15. snake

snake Well-Known Member

lol at bringing up online classifieds value at a b&m shop.

SA was still a dick.

1 person likes this.
  16. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  17. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

The Mr. Porter Post, Feb-Mar, 2013:
    - "If undeliverable please return to: NET-A-PORTER.COM, The Village Offices, Westfield, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF"

The Mr. Porter Post, Apr-May, 2013:
    - "If undeliverable please return to: PRIORITAIRE RMN, H-1005, Budapest, Hungary"

Hello outsourcing, goodbye jobs!

2 people like this.
  18. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

any suggestions on how to tame to popups that have started to appear on SF's mobile site?

Every time I go to a new page there is an ad at the bottom which bobs up and down when you scroll through the site. You press an X to get rid of it, then it reappears when you go do the next page. I don't mind seeing a few ads (something has to pay for the internet), but this is the most annoying and persistent mobile ad arrangement I have encountered. I am about ready to avoid SF mobile entirely.

19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

^I wish I knew... I lasted about 10 seconds w/ that crap.

20. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Trans-Mod thread is sort of interesting right now. Rambo started his own forum, used SF's PM system to solicit new members, and got booted from SF.

I realize this question will probably resort in Fumma telling me to read a book on Introductory Aesthetics, but does anybody have any good literature they could point me towards that talks about body ratio analysis? Basically I've been thinking about the need to assess the shape of one's body based on a series of measurements (head length, neck length, hip width, etc.). Using these measurements, a series of ratios could be derived that would help to compartmentalize (not the best word when talking about subjective style, but you get the idea) one's body type. Then one could draw upon a list of techniques specific to their own body type to highlight certain features and/or de-emphasize others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.