• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
so...devoa blazer arrived today....... anyone who has been contemplating getting one should get on this **** so fast. this is, without a doubt, the best blazer i have ever had my hands on.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Which one did you pick up? I know there was a ramie one floating around the b&s boards, but the cut didn't look like it was for me. The one I mentioned earlier was Damir, by the way. It's the same one at re.porter, but a different size. When looking at better pics though the silhouette looked kinda off from the back.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i bought the the anatomically cut charcoal wool blazer on sufu

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm in love in my Attachment blazer but eventually want to get my hands on Devoa.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
yeah, i got that one too when you posted it in the kop thread (thanks for that btw :p). it was nice, but now i'm not sure how much wear it'll get because of how amazing the devoa is. OTL

edit: also the devoa has the perk of being fully canvassed while the attachment was half

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
devoas blazers are what make the label, all of them are so distinct for blazers. I've yet to handle any, but photos alone amaze me.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that way about most of the SZ-approved brands. Each has its own distinctive blazer cut.

And wearing one designer's blazer is almost a way to locate your identity within that whole aesthetic world-- "which blazer are you????" Are you a Devoa? An In Aisce? A Samantha? Etc

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, I got an ann and julius one, and im content. I can't find old rick ones, and I dont wanna buy new season ones with a back entry door. Maybe Xhale should buy one of those.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i was kind of looking at ann and julius blazers, too... :embar: as you can see, i have a thing for blazers...... :embar:

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just in Blackbird and looked at the Plohkov stuff, tailoring was excellent, but too structured for my liking. Anyone have experience with Pugh's stuff? I've seen a few cuts I've liked but heard the quality:price ratio isn't there

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ blazers are the ****.

Another RFT: just "test drove" an outfit for a job interview tomorrow and ****-- I'm so used to wearing tees under blazers that I need to wrap my head around this crazy new concept of a collar and tie

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I just found out that a local cobbler can install a zipper on a pair of CPs! :bounce2: All the pieces are falling into place for summer hipster-douchbag mode. :nodding:

Also, I'm wearing a crew-neck t-shirt today and I feel like I'm being strangled. I've been wearing v/u-necks and henleys too long. :confused: It might be time to try cutting the neck out of a crew-neck I'm ok with potentially ruining.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another RFT: just "test drove" an outfit for a job interview tomorrow and ****-- I'm so used to wearing tees under blazers that I need to wrap my head around this crazy new concept of a collar and tie
Gotta interview at tech companies. When I finished my Google interviews and walked out the guys in the room next to me walked out - both interviewer and interviewee were in socks and sandals

Quote:
Do it. Your neck will thank you

acularw

Reaction score

Anyone have experience with getting customs fees reduced / refunded if you returned the items that you purchased? I had a $100 customs bill arrive from FedEx for a $400ish order. I returned all of the items except one but used USPS.
I have not paid the original customs bill yet and I'm wondering if there is any way to contest this...

Just thought I would share my experience with this for everyone's benefit:

I called Fedex today to explain the situation. I eventually got transferred to the taxes and duties department. It sounds like if you want to dispute customs charges, they can submit paperwork but the majority of the time Customs denies your claim and then tacks on a $75.00 fee on top of what you already owe. The lady I was speaking with kept saying this was a bad idea and that I would probably just have to pay it

However, I think calling Fedex at the end of the day might have helped. Eventually she just said she would issue me a credit for the full amount.

TL;DR - if you return a bunch of items that you got hit with a customs bill on, call the carrier as there is a chance they will help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads