1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

When I first saw the cabourn x converse photos I was pretty sure I was going to pick up the white ones. The photo of the white ones on the stairs looked so good.

Until I saw this

[​IMG]

yuck

1 person likes this.
  2. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Got my guidis today super fast shipping and look like they will fit though didnt get a chance to try them on

Do guidis not come with shoe boxes though? Got a mini tote though

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

All those Guidi's people got were factory defects

4. g transistor

Anyone have links to cool graphic tees? I like things with plants or animals on them. Bought some from cool try that I like a lot

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Alright, this is for all the academics out there, and any of you students thinking of asking for extra credit (spoiler - you are not going to get it unless it's clear you've been busting your butt the entire time, and the reason you weren't doing well was because you contracted Ebola during the term.)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

ah, the jizz colorway

i remember standing in line on the first day they hit stores. hundreds, no, thousands of others were waiting with me. we all stood there, our desire building and building. i felt the heaving, pulsing crowd around me, felt their body temperature rising. then, once it seemed like we couldn't take it anymore, i heard in the distance someone unlock the store and felt the crowd lurch forward in a violent thrust. everyone clamored for that door, pushing each other, grabbing each others' clothes, trying to gain even the smallest advantage. because only one of them-- the strongest, most able of the lot-- was allowed to claim a pair of these shoes.

this went on for a few minutes, until it became obvious that one of us had reached the shoes, and then everyone else walked away, feeling salty.

4 people like this.
  7. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

now that the weather is warm I am 100% clueless again, wearing dr. martens, jeans and a green t-shirt.

2 people like this.
  8. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

I've decided to move underground for the summer and hibernate. mole people swag.

9. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

:lol: C'mon guys this summer hate is out of control here

1 person likes this.
  10. tcwalter07

tcwalter07 Well-Known Member

Hot weather just makes me want to become Regis for a few months. When the temperature goes up, my want for Margiela does too.

11. RegisDB9

Hehe I feel like I am at the end of a spectrum that doesn't exist here where I hate layering and love to have as few items of clothing on without declaring to be a nudist. I am always perplexed when summer is thought of as some kind of time that death is upon everyone and it is an impossibility to dress well

12. g transistor

Where do you live? This plays a big role. Try summers hours from the beach, high humidity, 90+ degree weather, no sea breeze (no wind at all, really), and the only places to find relief are overcrowded, disgusting, and probably in violation of multiple health codes

3 people like this.
  13. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

If the weather in Missouri is like it is in Kansas, in summer all I do is wear shorts (Uniqlo or Schneider) or cropped pants (Uniqlo +J) and t-shirts/short sleeve button ups. That + white vans will be summer uniform, because it will be too damn hot for much else

2 people like this.
  14. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Where to find scarves like the one on the left? (Any maybe a heavier weight one for fw too)

15. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

it jumped up to 80 and humid from 40 (and also humid) last week, but my uniqlo shorts should be getting here on thursday and I'm going to try some stuff with the long schneider cardigan I have. If that doesn't work I'll just end up copying derk and toasty or something. of course, then I'll go back to albuquerque where it's 90+

16. tcwalter07

tcwalter07 Well-Known Member

Real talk from early July to mid August Oklahoma get nothing but 90-110 highs erryday. Silent tanks and various linens are in my future.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Someday, someone will show up at my work in a silent tank. (10). :confused:

18. RegisDB9

I've probably lived more on tropical islands than anywhere else my whole life (short stint in Louisville Kentucky) and other than that never been farther than a couple miles away from a beach or ocean. I like the heat, and I am used to it, this is why I see your point yet summer and heat (to me at least) doesn't mean you can't dress well. Most of what you see in my recent purchases I wear with comfort in 90+ weather and I break out my outerwear pieces that I can count on one hand at anything less than 70. I haven't experienced what you described to view summer heat negatively yet haha

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  19. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

The Corner usually has a bazillion scarves.

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

Warm in nyc today and I'm reminded why I live here. So much fun in spring/summer.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.