• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, The Soloist should suit you and if there's someone here who could pull of that look, it would be you.

I've been looking at those nonnative boots for a while. Love them, but don't have the wardrobe for them yet.
I think they're nicer in the lighter suede colorway

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's some N. Hoolywoods that look just the same, can double your search on those.

acularw

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with getting customs fees reduced / refunded if you returned the items that you purchased? I had a $100 customs bill arrive from FedEx for a $400ish order. I returned all of the items except one but used USPS.

I have not paid the original customs bill yet and I'm wondering if there is any way to contest this...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those also look like standard issue army desert combat boots, so if you want to go cheap...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with getting customs fees reduced / refunded if you returned the items that you purchased? I had a $100 customs bill arrive from FedEx for a $400ish order. I returned all of the items except one but used USPS.
I have not paid the original customs bill yet and I'm wondering if there is any way to contest this...

always wondered the same, but I've never paid customs on anything, living in Korea or Japan. I think I have a lucky streak there because I've had all kinds of things shipped to me.

The kid in your avatar was outside my window filming that show last week too! haha. The little blue mattress was for that kid to jump on, and then all the other kids came to his rescue. Might be on TV in a week or so.

534960_10100834106331180_1544072936_n.jpg

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah I'll probably go to Nepenthes and try to pick out some Soloist. Feel like I'll just walk away with a few house brand and/or EG pieces though...

Regarding the customs thing: I got screwed over by this recently and paid close to $200 for items I didn't even keep. You have a very short window to ship it back. CALL THEM IMMEDIATELY. I think you have to arrange for pickup/shipment to actually be credited, but when I tried after shipping it back through my own method I was told repeatedly "you are responsible for any items you accept that are brought into the country" and there was nothing that could be done.

Just call immediately and see if you can work something out with them. And if you get an annoying person on the phone that seems resistant to try and help you can always try hanging up and calling back again :embar:

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
try to choose whichever country's postal service if it's an option. I've only had to pay customs on ups or fedex shipments, never on anything via post (and that's only once or twice).

sorry, I just realized that doesn't help you with the refund, but it might be helpful to someone.

oh, tween, i can see you in some Soloist type stuff. go for it!

Last edited:

LTTP

Reaction score
Those also look like standard issue army desert combat boots, so if you want to go cheap...
having handled the real deal in person, only a masochist would want to wear them, the experience of walking is less than pleasant (made by converse who knew?)

IDH

Reaction score
In the WAYWT thread recently there has been a lot of helpful advice given to Knucks on how to find clothes that fit him, I was hoping to get advice for the exact opposite reasons to him – Most clothes are too big for me.

I’m 5ft10 and around 130lb’s – chest is 34” with a 28” waist. As you can tell I’m really skinny – but looking to get into more designer brands. I’ve had my eye on a few items recently but haven’t pulled the trigger as I’m worried they’ll be too big and I’ll lose out on shipping/return fees.

I know a lot of guys on here have a lot of knowledge when it comes to designers and I was hoping people could name some brands that fit slim or would be worth me looking at with my frame. To give you a brief idea of the look I’m going for 3 of my favourite posters are Artishard, Snowman & Synthese.

I’m not looking for people to recommend specific pieces – I’m just looking for suggestions of designers that do very small sizes. And before someone suggest eating more and joining the gym – I’ve tried it – And my body really struggles to digest the amount of calories I need to gain weight, so it’s not really a healthy option....

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as you move away from mall brands finding things that fit very skinny people well becomes very easy. Most brands XS/44 should fit you pretty well.

ahk1979

Reaction score

You have to have proof of the original purchase, proof of the return (from the shop you purchased from), proof of the original customs payment and send that all into the customs people with a form. I have done it in Canada, but assume the same thing can be done in the US. Contact FEDEX and they should be able to tell you how to proceed.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fools, trying to sell used outerwear and using skinny plastic/wire hangers in their pictures.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me about the sizing on uniqlo slim fit vs skinny taper fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads