1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

I'd do it brad, looks like a nice spring weight or easy layering in colder times

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Thanks for your feedback guys!

3. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Well-Known Member

If you do this, isn't your "disorder" still exerting just as much influence on your life? Except, in this case, instead of being a compulsive shopper, you metamorphosize into a penny pincher.

4. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Not buying things is totally different from buying things cheaply.

That said, I want to buy so much right now but girlfriend still jobless fml :(

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

1. just fuckin buy it
    2. let gf wear if a few times to make her feel better
    3. ????
    4. profit

everyone should have some cotton knits (if they're nice)

6. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I literally cannot afford it :p

Probably going to accept a new job soon ... hopefully will pay better. And hopefully she'll find a new one soon as well.

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Finally have a good amount of funds saved up in my PP from selling things, trying to decide on what to do with it.

Thinking about setting aside like $300 to buy stupid shit like white jeans and brown boots, then investing the rest. Just bought some finance books today, gonna educate myself about money management and all that grown up bullshit

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

How does sizing on Stone Island Shadow Projects stuff compare to standard Stone Island? I am sometimes medium and sometimes large in reg stone island depending on jacket/sweater/shirt fit etc.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

also has anyone used ursa major skin care products? worth the hype? am gonna try to compare with aesop and malin and goetz, if anyone has other suggestions let me know and I can try to write up something

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

- I work in retail and am surrounded by such consumerism it's become a real turnoff. I walk around looking at all this designer shit and it's actually rare I even find something I would like to buy, and then it's just overpriced. The discount, which for some is a major job perk, is actually useless to me. I don't make enough to buy the stuff I sell, or at least I wouldn't spend the money on it anyway. Either it's some loud obnoxious thing that's all about look without any real taste, or it's so damn minimal that the price seems absurd for what it is.

-I want to start dressing like 'an adult', ie wearing more button ups instead of t-shirts, losing 'immature' patterns, colors and fabrics, and investing in a few well designed pieces of outerwear and footwear. Got too much shit floating around from high-school days and hand-me-downs, or just random generic purchases.

11. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

It's really hard to reconcile that post with your fits

6 people like this.
  12. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Didn;t you start this type of dicussion a little while ago?

I find it very ironic.

Nice brands man, you work at a mall?

13. Master-Classter

? I just said I'm not inspired by most of the stuff I see around me in retail and am surprised that everyone else seems so intent on buying it. I also said that I'm not particularly happy with the clothes I've got since it seems like a lot of generic stuff so I want to reduce that and then pick up a few solid pieces.

don't remember, don't care. I actually wasn't really looking to start any particular discussion, just sayin I don't really see anything else I like out there, so much junk and so many people intent on buying it. The last discussion I started was about what factors are involved in an item's price or decision factors in buying it and saying that construction quality / durability seems like a bad reason.

explain the irony (0). I thought I set out to do what SF is all about, learning to independently evaluate an item and determine it's value and appropriateness for the person in terms of fit and personal styling, regardless of the brand. Much of my stuff is not particularly inspirational or interesting, I agree, that's why I'm here to learn and see what else is out there. I still think there are a few good pieces in my wardrobe that conform to a certain look, fit me well, are well designed, and were a good price to design ratio...
    currently working high end dept store but it's slanted a bit towards the 'fashion' side of things. I see a lot of 'design' with big price tags and people who don't know any better buying.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

You sound really confused, and I don't have the patience to help you. More so, only because you seem pretty set on your own jaded view of consumerism / fast fashion.

Also,

So, you remember, and you don't care. Yeah I don't care either. The irony.

Get out now. I mean quite your job.

15. Master-Classter

eh, I'm just in a shit mood, sorry bud. It's late, i'm sober, and spending the whole weekend working.
    The source of the confusion is I'm trying to reconcile my disgust of consumerism with figuring out my personal aesthetic which will require me to donate/sell stuff i don't want and go buy stuff I do.

not the same thing. I don't remember what someone referred to saying it was the same point I'd brought up in the past. Don't remember that. I recapped a previous discussion I'd brought up that I do remember, which I thought had at least some merit as something i do remember talking about just recently.

for my sake or everyone elses'? Working on it actually. I've found that when you're immersed in the stuff (selling or designing) you either embrace it / buy in or it suddenly just becomes generic widgets on the shelf.

16. skintight

skintight Well-Known Member

Not sure if serious or not but I'd prefer a larger pattern without all the small pattern detailing like this one has.

17. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

That sweater is going in a millon directions and they're all wrong.

3 people like this.
  18. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

youre wrong. that sweater is sick. wurrrr to kop?

for real though, where can i buy that?

19. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

Creatures of comfort.
    I like it [​IMG]

20. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

you sound like a blast to hang out with

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.