1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

There's a distinction between attacking the product and attacking the man.

It's quite difficult to describe a product as being amateur-designed without calling the designer an amateur as well. Furthermore, Mauro is exacerbating the situation by not taking the criticism in stride ...

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

He's not an amateur designer? If he went to school for fashion design, worked for fashion houses or doing pattern making for years before this forgive me. It's not amateur but just bad. I thought this was his first journey into the clothing designer world with the exceptions of a couple collabs

3. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Well-Known Member

wvg thread just got real

Thanks for pointing that out- [​IMG] for sure.

4. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

Yes i can. People are spending good money blindly without seeing products because mauro is a forum friend. He can't use that to his advantage and then hide behind it at the same time

fwiw, i was privy to the actual thing all along, whodini took photos of the sample and i was able to even try it on and make up my mind months ago. so there was no blind-buying involved.

5. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Wait, so now we need two threads on this? Man, it feels so good to be self-righteous on the internet.

6. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Wait, so now we need two threads on this? Man, it feels so good to be self-righteous on the internet.

the ironing is delicious

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

the ironing is delicious

Keep that shit in the WvG thread. Your little war with anyone who doesn't agree with your zebra polyester style is getting tiring.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

^^ word. The WvG talk stays in the WvG thread. Anything after this post gets deleted.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I just bought a purple and violet Demeulemeester oversized virgin wool sweater, very gothninja.

10. Brian SD

Sounds very uncontrol-ninja to me... except the oversized business.

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

beware the polyester zebra ninja steez.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Sounds very uncontrol-ninja to me... except the oversized business.

It looks nice, more like a subverted preppy staple. We'll see how it goes since it's an online buy and I've only seen that shirt in black and ecru (? I think). One of those good ebay deals that could go both ways once I receive it.

13. Brian SD

Would look good with cloak je- oh shi..

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Would look good with cloak je- oh shi..

I received around 5 offers for Cloak jeans, will soon acquire another pair. Posted a WTB on SZ and people answered within 30 mins. One guy I know in RL has a new and unworn pair.[​IMG]

15. Brian SD

WTB's actually work?

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Your little war with anyone who doesn't agree with your zebra polyester style is getting tiring.

this is total BS, i like a lot of the styles here that i would never consider wearing myself, people love to say shit like this without finding any way to explain it

17. chronoaug

WTB's actually work?

Funny enough i posted one once (in our WTB forum and on sufu) and got like 4 PMs. I was surprised as i dont' think i've ever looked in that forum

18. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

WTB's actually work?

I wanted to buy Context credit at one point, posted a WTB, and received 4-5 responses within a few days.

19. chronoaug

I wanted to buy Context credit at one point, posted a WTB, and received 4-5 responses within a few days.
    You can always get context and gilt credits from people it seems. I see people trying to sell them all the time. Hell, i kinda want to get rid of gilt credits but might just wait for the Rick Owens sale mr. gilt said was happening eventually and try to resell it or something to make money back. Either that or wait for something i really want (trusting i actually get there in time to get my size. i've barely missed out the past month)

20. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

WTB didn't work for me. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.