1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

can check out local hm tomorrow

2. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

i was debating if i should cop those gradient sneakers and having them dyed black :foo:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

Thanks bud!

4. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

I think reginald-jerome is the SF poster rjman. He is an expert on posh things. ASW is great from a taste perspective but the dressing guidelines are a little "iGent" i.e. not applicable to most modern situations, kind of like a figure from a 1930s Apparel Arts illustration teleported to the year 2012.

1 person likes this.
  5. xJack

xJack Member

Washable basics are the best.

It's annoying to have to pay attention to your clothes all the time because some idiot decides to spill a glass of coke onto your leather, etc.

6. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

oh you mean these :nodding:
    wish they fit me

do you still have the Raf patent vandals? you shouldn't need any other black shoes with those.

7. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Why are W+H high tops so damn slim? You need like a 6.5" hem or something to actually rock them as high-tops wtf man [​IMG]

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Forgot how nice those were, maybe I keep them LOL!!!

Ya retiring the vandals til summertime, probably worn them 2000 times need a change.

9. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

yah the velvet is pretty incredible.
    i'm tempted to keep them and put them in a glass vitrine...then in 20 years when some museum is doing a retrospective on margiela they would have these pristine babies.

i might be selling my vandals only because I bought them at a time when I was stupidly convinced I was a 41. #needsomewiggleroom

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

It's so weird when internet people appear out of nowhere in real life.

At a party last night, I met a dude who was decked out in GATS and what looked like a TOJ collared moto. I tried my best not to mention either.

11. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

it was probably adidas and all saints

4 people like this.
  12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

That's what I want to do with my helmut Lang inside out denim. I've got them in a ziploc now, maybe one day ill frame them :) a cool white on white on white (denim, backdrop, frame) art piece.
    I'm sure helmut himself would rather I burn it though...

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

"Hey I haven't checked the sales thread in a week or two maybe I'll check the last two pages real quick" spends $1200 ten minutes later

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

1-Went by Opening Ceremony in soho yesterday. The store experience is "aligned" with the website so I felt right at home.
    2-HBO thing on editors of Vogue was interesting enough to hold my attention for an hour.

15. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

i think i'm in love

http://love-aesthetics.blogspot.com

i probably would have said something to him if he was clearly "from the internet" but he was wearing like an oversized polo shirt and some ugly jeans. shoes looked like grey GATs, so they must have been mmm, right? unless there're surplus grey ons somewhere. or those addidas ones. whatever, i was hammered and with a bunch of bros so I wasn't about to be like "yo bro are those shoes margiella?!"

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

*then proceeds to return 90% of purchases with no original intent to keep due to free return shipping*

2 people like this.
  17. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

I was thinking maybe KJ has reallly short arms and we've all been making fun of him...

18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Free return shipping is great.

Nobody really offered it to Canada until recently, and when I have the option I really value it -- so it annoys me any time I read some moron brag about stacking umpteen coupons and then buying a ton of shit, sometimes in multiple sizes, knowing they will return a lot of it. (Not referencing KJ here, but I see it every sale season and I think it's nauseating.)

Yoox finally gave me superstar status so I get free shipping both ways for six months with no duties. And being in Canada that is just about unheard of AFAIK. Just checked and I've made 15 orders in 2012, most of them multiple items, with a total of 4 returns (1 item each time).

Returns have to be a lot harder on smaller retailers though.

20. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

It's almost like shops wouldn't offer a good return policy if they didn't want you to try stuff out. No, that can't be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.