1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Saturday USPS delivery is great, the USA would seem very different if you couldn't get your mail on Saturday.

We don't have Saturday post here (as in many countries) and it's awful, and holds my TOJ items from going out oft times as well, drives me mad. What is odd is that the gov't jobs here work so little and Saturday is an off-day, but pretty much everyone else in society except for the bankers work on Saturdays or even around the clock, everyday, and school kids even go to school 2 Saturdays per month and go to cram schools 7 days a week. Really fast paced and always working on something.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

I know it's so ridiculous and peasant, but Gap made a pair of gray jeans this season that really aren't that bad. A low rise (pretty damn low), very straight leg, moderate rigidity, mildly textured appearance (not too flat gray). Unlike an N&F offering, you won't literally have to wear them for 30 days before you're willing to wear them outside the house. I have skirted a casual business casual dress code at work with gray and white Gap denims so many times I have lost count.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

^ worked with a French guy who wore the same blue oxford shirt, black Levi's overdyes, and I forgot what shoes, EVERY SINGLE DAY of a 3 month internship at an office with a formal code. I don't know if he was rotating between multiples of the same thing but I very much doubt it. Yes, he did smell the way you'd expect from that kind of behavior, and Korean summers are brutal. No, he didn't get offered a job after that (and I did, and took it)....

4. robin

robin Well-Known Member

The denim jacket I just won better fit. ;_;

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

i found a sweater a while back while thrifting, should have bought it for myself, but was worried about how it might fit and let a friend buy it instead.

totally regretting the decision

robbie

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^at least you don't have a homie who bites all of your purchases [​IMG]

7. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I wish I could find a white M-65 with a fur hood

8. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

9. robin

robin Well-Known Member

This is a clothing message board. Relax dude.

-robin (p.s. buy my stuff)

10. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

This is a clothing message board. Relax dude. -robin (p.s. buy my stuff)
    nvm -NC

11. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input

-B

12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

i have signed my name in posts in various forums off and on since 2002.

what makes you think i am an 'indie type'

13. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Well fuck, I can see where this is headed. Guess I'll use magic edit power to remove the evidence.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Gotta tell ya, the whole signing every post thing is not working for me. It does not work for the igent dip shits over on mc and it especially does not play well knowing you are a 22 year old inde type from the midwest. Just some totally unsolicited advice, no hate intended.
    It does have an air of pretentiousness, as if each of your posts is a work of of art and must be credited. -M Thought: I have way too much bright colored clothing, need more earth tones, olive, rust, tan etc.

15. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

I wish I could find a white M-65 with a fur hood

i wish i could find a black m65 with fur hood ><

16. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

i have signed my name in posts in various forums off and on since 2002.

what makes you think i am an 'indie type'

Uhh your clothes, what little I can recall of you mentioning bands you like, your interest in art school and the use of film to begin with. Don't bother being insulted in the least, it's very likely we have a different take on what the word "indie"means and I'm not using the term as an insult in the way people use hipster as one.

17. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

It does have an air of pretentiousness, as if each of your posts is a work of of art and must be credited.

-M

Thought: I have way too much bright colored clothing, need more earth tones, olive, rust, tan etc.

Thanks for fucking up my edit.

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

19. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

Check roneweb. I'm guessing they're cosmic wonder pants, and I think they might be these.
    Nice. Cosmic Wonder and some other brands on that site have some really cool stuff. It's all pretty expensive, though, it seems that most buttondowns are $300+. A lot of stuff reminds me of CdG SHIRT and Junya Watanabe MAN. Are there any Japanese brands with similar aesthetics that fall into more of a BoO-on-Gilt type of price range? Jon. ([​IMG])

20. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

I'm wearing full winter gear in my classroom because Korea is retarded and doesn't believe in heating schools beyond 0*C. Fuck this country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.