1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

I guess he can provide the tracking # to PayPal and claim he shipped it? Wasn't smart enough to use packaging that could have actually fit a leather though. Idk. Just really fucking annoying, I really wanted that jacket, Bauhauses are hard to find on B&S.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

I don't know, you might actually be screwed dude. From what I hear all they need to do is provide a tracking number. Unless you have pictures of the unopened package, but even then, I've heard of dispute cases going either way...

3. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

step 12 is a bitch, relapse likely

now I'm sad

3 people like this.
  4. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

Yeah, keep us updated on how the dispute turns out.

I want to find out what Paypal weighs more heavily-- the tracking number or the photos of an empty coke bottle.

5. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Paypal are fucking awful.

If you paid by credit or debit card go through them, don't even bother with paypal.

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Man I guess someone could attempt to defraud a seller like that, but you'd think the package weight/size in comparison to the proposed piece sold would be evidence enough.

Dude is prolly smoking out kangaroos right now on a beach somewhere, googling how much it is to buy a koala as a pet

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Followers of the Official Thrift/Discount Bragging Thread know this one by heart: PayPal doesn't even consider photographic/video evidence, and always sides with the buyer -- even if the buyer is demonstrably scamming.

You should be fine.

2 people like this.
  8. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

The guy didn't even write my correct name or full address, the post office had to guess. I'll post up some pics later for the lulz

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Damn istasi really taking it in stride. Hope it works out.

10. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

yeah, sometimes it's good to be the sober one. kinda disappointing when people are too gone to actually participate in the group experience. I like the new album quite a bit. I missed them at the Fillmore last week. They sound like I imagine it would be like in western Australia... sitting at the edge of the world gazing into the ocean.
    [​IMG]
    Hendrix, what's Perth like?

11. hendrix

The point is that Paypal can't be bothered with disputes and if there's a tracking number they'll just go with that. They're terrible.

Dunno what to say about the kangaroo comment.

He was probably hoping it'd go missing so he could file a claim.

What an asshole.

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

What was his username, istasi? SO no one else gets scammed

In other news, Alt-J is a great goddamn band and their album An Awesome Wave is nearly flawless imo

1 person likes this.
  13. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

Not true. I won my case even with a tracking number when my package was received open and missing of content. As long as you do what paypal asks you to do and provide sufficient evidence, they'll side with you. You just have to be persistent and keep calling them.

14. APK

APK Well-Known Member

No shit. I would have already smashed the bottle in half and started walking to Australia with the intent of stabbing this seller with the Dick Owens Coke bottle.

1 person likes this.
  15. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

paypal won't accept photos as evidence... because 'photoshop exists' (direct quote).

16. hendrix

I'm not Australian, I'm a New Zealander.

I've never been to Perth, but about half of my school mates who passed school have or will heading over there; it's something like the fastest growing economy in the developed world right now I think. Jobs everywhere, particularly in engineering and construction because of the mining and real estate industries, but also in the supporting industries; a few of my paramedic mates get double over there compared to what they would here, just to hang out at the mines in case something goes wrong.

I dunno what that actually means about the city's liveability (my friends all say it's too hot), but I know they have one of the best cricket grounds in the world there. The WACA. If you're into that sort of thing (I am!).
    [​IMG]

Western Australia looks beautiful.

If I was to live in Australia, my first choice would be Melbourne. They also have a very good cricket ground. The MCG. Sorry. I don't really know much about Australia except the cricket.

17. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

sorry, mate. I forgot you are from NZ (also a beautiful place :) I thought you were actually from Melbourne. thnks for the insight.

rft.. this is what's in my ebay watch list today. not that i'll actually buy any of it.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. hendrix

that belted coat middle right...what is it?

19. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

branquinho

1 person likes this.
  20. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

FTFY

As a seller, paypal blows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.