• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love purple hence my dj (sup raz) but most shades are hideously offensive to me, they have to be done right, rich, and subdued if that makes sense.

Love green but that is even harder to get right.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post pics brah.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic purple DJ / Smoking jacket is exactly that

Would go SB NL 1B

So dope

It's on my list of tailored things to get

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How about blue velvet shawl lapel 1 button with low gorge?

I got another one too I'm an addict.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
How about blue velvet shawl lapel 1 button with low gorge?

I got another one too I'm an addict.

Lol was going to say For me : Midnight blue shawl double breasted 4 x 1 I havent had a cigar in ages im jonesing

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
my hair was severly damaged so this was the quick fix

those are oliver people hoovers, I also have the NDG x OPs in a tortoise shell

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw some Junya in person for the first time and wanted to pass on my impressions. Â You may want to skip this post if you think there has been too much Junya hype lately.

On the internet, Junya seemed to be too eccentric to work for me. Â In person it is much more comprehensible. Â The main difference is that in person you can see so much better how it looks, feels and functions. Â This is the case with all clothing to some degree but more so here.

I tried on a brown corduroy jacket incorporating a snapped-in, detachable grey vest with a bright red interior. Â You might be able to find photos of this jacket on the internet, but you need to see it in person to see how well made it is and how the jacket incorporates the vest without feeling bulky.

There were hunting jackets with leather pockets and multiple brightly-colored fabrics. Â The colors don't seem like they should go together because they are very different and vibrant, but they do. Â I can't say why. Â Someone gave their color wheel a workout.

Also, some colors that I usually avoid (like orange) actually looked good on me. Â I suspect that the people making the fabric were conscious of avoiding the funky undertones that can make someone look bad.

There was a sportcoat in an amazing green flannel-ish fabric, with red windowpanes and possibly grey flecks. Â Another jacket had a similar fabric with a dark blue base rather than green. Â I took some pictures of these but they don't convey why these jackets work well.

I always thought that a reversible jacket was a risky gimmick. Â But the jacket I tried on did not look like a reversible jacket when I was wearing it, which is the key challenge. Â It can't be easy to construct a shoulder on a fitted jacket that looks correct worn inside out.

There was some wilder stuff too, like a camo jacket that defies description. Â There were also shirts and other items that I liked, but I won't go into them because this post is getting too long.

All these pieces looked much more wearable in person than on the internet.  It was a good reminder of how important it is to see quality design in person and how satisfying it is when something becomes more compelling on close inspection rather than dissapointing.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice I want in matte black and the crystal colour.

Shaved my head for same reason

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
you can pick them up cheaply on ebay. mine were oringally some sunglasses with ugly pink lenses.. snagged em for like $150

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know I've seen them at pretty good prices

Even e-retail I've seen at around 260 australian which is pretty awesome

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dles where were you able to handle? I always forget most people are forming opinions based on pictures rather than real life, difference is night and day of course.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your hood man. FS Melrose.

Came down here for work. Heading back to Seattle tomorrow am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads