• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Birkenstocks that I never wear out of the house. :embar:

I have a pair at my brother's place, too.

At other people's places, I just go barefoot unless they explicitly tell me that it's ok to leave my shoes on.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I work from home, and I work standing up, so I really need something comfortable and supportive. The Birks seem to fit the bill pretty well.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

I generally hate people who are so afraid of ruining things that they can't bear to use them. People who make you afraid to walk around in a house qualify as assholes, IMO. It's supposed to be a place to live in. If you can't relax there, what's the ******* point?

I'll remove shoes if you ask me to, but unless you're from an asian culture, I consider it a bit of a rude request. The way I was raised, you make an effort for guests- which means cleaning up, even if not to an absurd degree, and understanding that the house will need to be cleaned after any party. Expecting your home to stay pristine all of the time is moronic, and enforcing that on others is rude.

Cleaning is a fact of life. Germs aren't as horrible as you think they are. Come to terms with those, and your life will be much less stressful, and your guests will like you more.

wow

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** how does a thread in mc get 11 pages in less than a day? what a bunch of fools, too.

also, i'm leaving in 5 hours for vacation. can someone pack for me pleeeezzz

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
There are actually a lot more of "them" than there are of "us".

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I saw a guy on the street the other day with "stay" tattooed on one calf and "gold" tattooed on the other.

stick

Reaction score
One MC's opinion as to why they should be allowed to wear shoes indoors:
I generally hate people who are so afraid of ruining things that they can't bear to use them.

Another MC's opinion as to why they should be allowed to wear shoes indoors:
To be honest, I don't like getting a good pair socks overly dirty. I don't care how clean a floor is ... it does soil the socks more than usual. If the socks are delicate, I find that going shoeless can wear them through very quickly.

MC is full of a bunch of senile old tards. Thousand dollar suits and they can't afford socks, but damaging hardwood and carpet is a "fact of life."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics