1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I am equal opportunity for steez

tranny faggot

2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I am an equal opportunity hater and racist.

I hate on myself sometimes.

That is a huge compliment, thank you.

3. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

I've hated repettos ever since the first time I saw them.

my gf is obsessed with repettos

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I wore a kind of S/S fit today even though it was classical, rare rainy day fall weather today:

MMM leather
    white Hanes v neck
    pre-distressed LVC 501s pinrolled
    no socks
    white Repetto Zizis

hmmmm

You sorta dress like me you bitch, except my jeans or pants are often black and my v-necks Uniqlo. I love white Repettos but mostly worn with decadent (silk, velvet, moleskine) suits or at least jackets. If it's good enough for Gainsbourg it's good enough for me.

5. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

Ughh, my Black Scissors jacket just got a tear in it. The stitching is fine, it's just the leather itself that ripped. Man, if ToJ existed a year ago I wouldn't be having this problem. [​IMG]

6. reprehensible

reprehensible Well-Known Member

Is it wrong of me to want these a lot?

http://www.barneys.com/Elf/077605017,default,pd.html

Practically I want these more, but they lack the whimsical element:

http://www.barneys.com/Eternity/0776...efault,pd.html

Alas, I've already made my one large purchase for the season. Still, those look better than any boots I've seen in the last several years (for less than $500). And even the monk strap ones are pretty good:

http://www.barneys.com/Soul/500182512,default,pd.html

I need $450 to appear in my checking account by magic. Blah.

7. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

Why would it be? The first two boots are beautiful and very reasonably priced while the third one isn't exactly my style if you can pull it off and like the look then more power to you I guess. F+B is very underrated and lacks representation on these boards I wish I saw them more often on members' feet - my next boot is a pair of the Eternity/745 model.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Ughh, my Black Scissors jacket just got a tear in it. The stitching is fine, it's just the leather itself that ripped. Man, if ToJ existed a year ago I wouldn't be having this problem. [​IMG]
    I can't even understand how leather would tear man. [​IMG] I can understand holes, scratches, serious gouges, road rash, but man, that leather must be hella thin. I find though, as far as durability in clothing goes, it goes two ways; 1) the item will tear in the fabric or 2) the item will come apart at the stitching... I think for most thing sold at normal prices, it's the former more than the latter, the fabric will give out long before machine-sewn stitching comes loose. The latter would probably be a defect that is not applicable to the brand, model, or even the whole run of the clothing. We're probably all had clothes that have done both, but you really have to wear the shit out of something and stress seams out for stitches to come undone. A company spec'ing cheap fabrics though, that is not uncommon at all...

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

So basically I've only been posting recently if a) I see something really cool or b) I have a shitload of work to do and am procrastinating at the worst time possible. Such as right now.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

So basically I've only been posting recently if a) I see something really cool or b) I have a shitload of work to do and am procrastinating at the worst time possible. Such as right now.

I had some wonderful 4am posts while pulling all nighters and stuff the past few years [​IMG]

11. onion

onion Well-Known Member

I can't even understand how leather would tear man. [​IMG] I can understand holes, scratches, serious gouges, road rash, but man, that leather must be hella thin.

I find though, as far as durability in clothing goes, it goes two ways; 1) the item will tear in the fabric or 2) the item will come apart at the stitching... I think for most thing sold at normal prices, it's the former more than the latter, the fabric will give out long before machine-sewn stitching comes loose. The latter would probably be a defect that is not applicable to the brand, model, or even the whole run of the clothing. We're probably all had clothes that have done both, but you really have to wear the shit out of something and stress seams out for stitches to come undone.
    A company spec'ing cheap fabrics though, that is not uncommon at all...

I have a pair of calf leather Miu Miu sneakers, which retail for over $500 a pair, and they also got a tear in them. It's pretty rediculous, considering the price, and the fact I had only worn them maybe 5 - 10 times when it happened.

It looks like someone got a really sharp knife, and made a small cut under the very top layer of the leather. [​IMG]

12. MortyGras

MortyGras Well-Known Member

Is it wrong of me to want these a lot?

http://www.barneys.com/Elf/077605017,default,pd.html

Practically I want these more, but they lack the whimsical element:

http://www.barneys.com/Eternity/0776...efault,pd.html

Alas, I've already made my one large purchase for the season. Still, those look better than any boots I've seen in the last several years (for less than $500). And even the monk strap ones are pretty good:

http://www.barneys.com/Soul/500182512,default,pd.html

I need $450 to appear in my checking account by magic. Blah.

Aside from the fact that i'm trying to abolish black from my wardrobe, then i really like those 3 pairs.
    qualitywise i don't know shit though.

13. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Found a nice woolrich sweater (gray w/ red specs) at the thrift store yesterday, unfortunately it wasn't my size. You can tell it was old as the tag read "proudly made in the people's republic of China".

14. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Another 600 bucks gone on an impulse... I really have trouble resisting a good deal.

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

16. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

been broke for 10 months [​IMG]

17. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Oh noes, who will save the economy?

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

been broke for 10 months [​IMG]

I'll be broke for that long after xmas because of this copstravaganza.

19. snake

snake Well-Known Member

^I await your bountiful knit pics come year end.

20. erdawe

erdawe Well-Known Member

^I await your bountiful knit pics come year end.

Group pic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.