• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
punch kidneys in retribution for your lung damage ......

laugh.gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
+1. I can't stand the crazy anti-smoking folks. I love the comments like "why do people still smoke? Don't they know its bad for them". People know obesity causes all sorts of health problems yet over a 1/4 of americans are obese.... Somehow smoking is a way more acceptable target for people that drinking or obesity.
Cigarettes are nice when drunk but since i've stopped drinking heavily i've stopped smoking cigs entirely. I don't think obesity and heavy drinking are cool either. Unfortunately the way the health care system works, we all pay for the problems caused by fat people, alcoholics, and cigarette smokers. So thanks Obama, thanks a lot (8). I also switched to a vaporizer for the herbs so i could do more running. My MFLB is in my EDC list lol. Still addicted to caffeine though
frown.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is caffeine addiction just when you need it to wake up? Or more like nicotine where you just have baller cravings?

I drink a lot of coffee cause I like the taste but I have never felt like I needed caffeine. Also hate drinking soda.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get flu-like symptoms if i skip my morning cup. It gets worse as the day wears on.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I get flu-like symptoms if i skip my morning cup. It gets worse as the day wears on.
You could use low doses of theophylline to help decrease withdrawal symptoms. That would be stupid though.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Is caffeine addiction just when you need it to wake up? Or more like nicotine where you just have baller cravings? I drink a lot of coffee cause I like the taste but I have never felt like I needed caffeine. Also hate drinking soda.
Usually it's not a problem waking up as much as you'll get little headaches a few hours into the day (usually a little after whenever you traditionally have your daily cup)

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm actually pretty chipper out of bed. It's the afternoon that it starts to suck.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got this jacket, its an XS and it has an elastic banded hem, but the hem is 19" across. WTF is the point of the elastic if the hem is wider than anyones waist who is going to be wearing an XS??

Could a tailor taper a nylon jacket with a banded hem?

Random fashion thought here is **** brands that bother making XS and then make them fit like S or M. Label sizes properly so you don't get my hopes up.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
dreamt the other night that the girl im seeing was wearing a white ToJ club collar oxford

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Cigarettes are nice when drunk but since i've stopped drinking heavily i've stopped smoking cigs entirely.

I don't think obesity and heavy drinking are cool either. Unfortunately the way the health care system works, we all pay for the problems caused by fat people, alcoholics, and cigarette smokers.

So thanks Obama, thanks a lot (8).

I also switched to a vaporizer for the herbs so i could do more running. My MFLB is in my EDC list lol.

Still addicted to caffeine though
frown.gif

Actually, there was a study done that found that smokers actually cost the healthcare system *less* since they die rather quickly at a relatively young age.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to wear AA blanks, a toj baseball, rolled up jeans, and my vans with no socks. **** this cold ass weather we've been having, I'm ready for s/s.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a fun smoking fact: "Two out of three Japanese men smoke (compared to one out of three American men), yet the rate of lung cancer in Japan is the lowest in the industrialized world! This is a result of the low level of fat in the Japanese diet." -Ray Kurzweil's 10% Solution ftw.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Here's a fun smoking fact: "Two out of three Japanese men smoke (compared to one out of three American men), yet the rate of lung cancer in Japan is the lowest in the industrialized world! This is a result of the low level of fat in the Japanese diet." -Ray Kurzweil's 10% Solution ftw.

yo, this is pretty dumb

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
lol, but they do have a superior diet, though. However, this suffers a bit from correlation does not imply causation. However, I still think anti-smoking regulations are stupid. Especially the ones in NYC which are pretty draconian. either way.. Smoking to look cool is ******* highschool level ****, I mean wow. I think if you smoke you're a weak douchebag or just did it because your friends got you pressured into it in highschool. Most addicts probably got addicted in highschool which is exactly the age tobacco companies want to get you addicted around since its harder to quit after that long of a period. They pretty much prey on adolescents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads