1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

not as easy as it used to be. i can fit xl in some brands now and buy size 50/us 33, 34 max pants so i am finding less and less.

Stop losing weight, don't want more competition in my size :p

2. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Buyers remorse is the fucking worst, I have two items of clothing right now that I am on the fence about, I wish I had a more concrete idea of what I like and don't like and a budget big enough to make mistakes.
    Why don't you just calculate the cost of your clothing purchases, and see how much of that could have been put towards leg extensions? That would be pretty good motivation I think.

3. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Stilts are cheaper than leg extensions, and can be used as weapons.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

was on yoox for $250, now on ebay for almost $500. [​IMG]
    Seriously?! Someone needs to give me a heads up, for 250 I would definitely grab it and risk the length issue.

5. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

My new engineer boots add almost 2" to my height. Just wish that they wouldn't completely destroy my instep. If I can't break them in within a couple more days then I think I need to return them [​IMG]

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

aeglus dunno if you saw my post in waywt but do you like toj?

Nobody cop the crystallized leather bomber on yoox waiting for massive drop.

7. junebugmm

junebugmm Well-Known Member

Went to Fred Segal in SM today to check if they had the navy Ervell pocket sweater,
    and they do but none in Small. I was tempted to try on the medium but it was on
    display on a mannequin.
    Want to be in New York the next time an Ervell sample sale happens. DAMN

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

you should have just asked them to take it off , i did for one of mine

9. coretic

coretic Well-Known Member

Went to Fred Segal in SM today to check if they had the navy Ervell pocket sweater,
    and they do but none in Small. I was tempted to try on the medium but it was on
    display on a mannequin.
    Want to be in New York the next time an Ervell sample sale happens. DAMN

any outerwear/blazers in yet? seems everywhere just has the knits.

10. naaaaate

naaaaate Well-Known Member

BLESS doesn't receive nearly as much praise as it deserves

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

BLESS doesn't receive nearly as much praise as it deserves
    Nor the buys from US boutiques which i think is part of the problem. Not many places that carry it anymore. South Willard used to, Seven NYC used to but both dropped the label. Not sure who carries it still. I definitely love the label and stuff i've seen. The book is pretty cool to glance through on occasion as well.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Nor the buys from US boutiques which i think is part of the problem. Not many places that carry it anymore. South Willard used to, Seven NYC used to but both dropped the label. Not sure who carries it still
    Project number 8 (they also have Schneider, MMM, etc).

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Bless has mad style, but when I saw it at Daily Projects, I was really underwhelmed by the fabric and overall feel of the stuff. Looks great on others, but I wouldn't pay the kind of money required to have it myself.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

^one of my girlfriend´s friends did her internship at Bless, and they are actually buying like H&M hoodies, cutting away the labels and sewing on scraps of fur (which the interns were sent out to collect from fur companies) or whatever they are using. On with a Bless label and a 500 euro pricetag...

15. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

^one of my girlfriend´s friends did her internship at Bless, and they are actually buying like H&M hoodies, cutting away the labels and sewing on scraps of fur (which the interns were sent out to collect from fur companies) or whatever they are using. On with a Bless label and a 500 euro pricetag...

LOL... i suppose the interns are unpaid

16. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

hell of a way to turn a profit

17. Mr. Pharmacist

Mr. Pharmacist Well-Known Member

RECONSTRUCTION

18. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

^^imagining your avatar saying that... [​IMG]

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Bless is good but I think that apart from the hoodcoat/jacket and maybe some of the crazier accessories, most people wouldn't be able to identify the rest. Some of the stuff is brilliant (the patterncutting of the hood on the hoodcoat/jacket is great, and then some stuff is... well yeah. There's a big Bless army though so I'm sure that everyone has to get paid something, and so the prices are a little higher than you'd really want to spend on like, a jersey knit poncho hoody ($350), etc....

Other end of the steez spectrum: dizzhizz and I were at Uniqlo Myongdong today and I spotted a guy wearing a Saddleback bag; the same one aeglus and stvwrd have, so the third one I've seen in less than a month, in Korea. I immediately thought 'styleforum' but dizz and I were kind of embarrassed to ask about the SF connection but it turned out he had 2 Saddleback bags on at once, and the rest of his outfit was more backpacker than styleforummer, so we weren't sure in the end.

TOJ-related: making clothes is fucking hard, not really an amateur's game. Probably get that served to me once a week or so at least. I'm probably only surviving the clothes world based on the help I get from others and then my little bank of useless information I've got in my head that is proving useful; my mom taught me how to sew when i was like 6 or 7 and I've paid attention to what I've worn since pretty much, so now it's all coming back and I don't feel like I'm searching around in the pitch black, so good there. It's interesting though... It's a game to always get better at, so I have something to do with myself for awhile...

20. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

BTW Saddleback guy - if two Korean dudes, one all Junya'd out and the other in a TOJ black leather jacket, came up to you and asked you about your bag today, that was us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.