1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

you're a stupid fuck, that smiley face is widely known across the internet to have originated from 4chan.

idiot

widely known by whom? 4cham members? i had no idea until just now. still don't know exactly what 4chan is. i know it's a humor based forum or something

2. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

meh, I go on lots of forums/spend a lot of time on the net. So that dumb 4chan face is like everywhere to me.

3. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

it actually originated on somethingawful

4. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

both of those sites are pretty awful either way

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

I actually like that BoO patchwork pullover, Kinda cool

Yeah that caught my eye the most. That a couple sweaters and the forbidden sweatpants. Large sizes moved fast though which is good since I'm broke.

6. dtmt

dtmt Well-Known Member

The best stuff is the small Japanese designers (like JLS) that you can get dirt cheap and have no US stockists. Looking on there is a huge timesuck though, when I look at Y!AJ I look at pretty much everything so I don't miss the good stuffs

Please feel free to post on here all the goodstuffs that are just a little too big for you

7. ramp

ramp Well-Known Member

+1 [​IMG]

I really need to stop buying though, fuck

Had Hide-san bid on 6 things for me, ended up only winning 2. Now I need to find more to make the shipping/proxy fees worth it. [​IMG]

...Fuck, I might've just found it....sleeves may be too short though and its more expensive than I'd like, but I can afford it....shit, moving to the "should I buy" thread.

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

widely known by whom? 4cham members? i had no idea until just now. still don't know exactly what 4chan is. i know it's a humor based forum or something

I thought you wrote tumor-based forum, which actually would have been more accurate.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Damn I missed the Odyn Vovk sleeveless hoodie on Gilt again. Will buy it from anyone who changes his mind.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Please feel free to post on here all the goodstuffs that are just a little too big for you
    If I get a week of easy going no classwork boredom, I'll do another ebay/Y!AJ/rakuten spreadsheet, but no complaining if I blow up any spots

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

lol "widely known across the internet"

12. fiasco

fiasco Well-Known Member

I posted this in the noob thread awhile back but didn't get many responses but...

im looking to buy my first suit. i just graduated and looking for something to wear to interviews and then, hopefully, to an office environment.

I want to spend ~$500 give or take but looking to get the most bang for my buck.

I also live 45 mins from LA so i can make a trip to that area one of these days if there are some spots worth checking out.

Any help?

13. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

it actually originated on somethingawful

fucking owned, foghats

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

I posted this in the noob thread awhile back but didn't get many responses but...

im looking to buy my first suit. i just graduated and looking for something to wear to interviews and then, hopefully, to an office environment.

I want to spend ~$500 give or take but looking to get the most bang for my buck.

I also live 45 mins from LA so i can make a trip to that area one of these days if there are some spots worth checking out.

Any help?

Just do Thick as Thieves. MTM in your price range.

15. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I had my eye on this when it was still at the opening price of $20, but then some jerkoff shot the price out of this universe. Boo-urns.

16. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

^^^ That's got to be an alt ebay account for that seller to jack up the price or something, who the fuck does that.

17. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

18. acl1

acl1 Well-Known Member

I had my eye on this when it was still at the opening price of $20, but then some jerkoff shot the price out of this universe. Boo-urns.

you'd be surprised. bid on something extremely similar a year ago, but the end bid was around $400. These 30s era shawl cardies are a gold mine for sellers - see http://ballyhoovintage.com/23/23258.html.

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

There have been a bunch of ebay items that I watched go by for cheap and kept myself from buying. I should buy myself a gift to celebrate that feat [​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110595253865&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT didn't need brown but still so cheap http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT kind of plain for my tastes and used, but again dirt cheap http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT not my size, just wanted to know how much they'd go for lol http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT kind of wanted this sweater http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT this is just awesome, didn't go cheap though

20. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

lol "widely known across the internet"

lol, everyone knows 4chan is like hell of the internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.