1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

It's amazing how shitty service in this city is. And of course, people who wear t-shirts and shittily distressed jeans get immediate and courteous service [​IMG] Dunno about you guys, but I refuse to buy from shitty SAs. The idea of rewarding poor service is not particularly attractive to me. I'm hesitant to even buy from the company since it's they're decision to hire them. Oh, but I tried on the Lanvin wool trench, sooooo nice (but the 36 on the rack at the New York Barneys has a defective zipper, tried for 5 or 10 minutes to get the damn thing to zip up, wouldn't work and I actually got stuck for a bit, I can assure you that it's warm lol) Also, 34: [​IMG] or 36: [​IMG] I'm really terrible at sizing things for myself, for whatever reason.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

I got a shirt today from Opening Ceremony in XS.
    Seems like I say this every time I try a new brand but DAMN this thing fits perfect.
    Too bad I got it on deep discount on a fluke and they're normally $300

34:
    or
    36:

36 looks like poo to me.
    Then again, some might say the shoulders are too small on the 34 :shrug:

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Damn, I really have too much navy/blue and grey in my wardrobe. Most of my outerwear is navy, most of my lightweight jackets are navy, got 5 navy knits and 3 grey ones, have about 4 blue button ups. Help pleasE???
    I don't own any navy clothing.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Latvia is a modern European country, so I don't see why this would be the case. It's not like they've shipped production to Vietnam or China.

Of course, I'm also half Latvian so I may be biased.

1/8th Latvian here. NOT LATVERIAN MAGICIAN FUCK

Finally putting together my sale thread, I keep adding things I forgot about and I forgot how long and arduous a task it is no wonder I've been putting it off so long [​IMG]

Ran out of time to snap pics and was just forming a rough draft today, plus cam battery was dead [​IMG][​IMG]

PM your homie a pre-sale.

Nowhere in Vantown even sells it, closest you'd get is BBBF.

5. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

JD, tell me where u kop the TB so cheap (Vancoolver if possible).
    Ill proxy TB ties for ya there about 89 to 79 bucks plus tax and shipping

6. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^Listen to the man, he can get another one of the one I just bought today which is pretty great. Classic TB steeze.

[​IMG]

7. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

I've noticed more and more Prorsum falling prey to the Chinese as well

Most of Burberry and Moncler stuff is made in Romania now iirc. About SNS, here's a more detailed explanation:

i don't know what you guys are talking about. ive got like 7 runway pieces from prorsum and every single one of them is made in italy.

It's amazing how shitty service in this city is. And of course, people who wear t-shirts and shittily distressed jeans get immediate and courteous service [​IMG]

Dunno about you guys, but I refuse to buy from shitty SAs. The idea of rewarding poor service is not particularly attractive to me. I'm hesitant to even buy from the company since it's they're decision to hire them.

Oh, but I tried on the Lanvin wool trench, sooooo nice (but the 36 on the rack at the New York Barneys has a defective zipper, tried for 5 or 10 minutes to get the damn thing to zip up, wouldn't work and I actually got stuck for a bit, I can assure you that it's warm lol)

i get treated like a king at jeffreys and barneys on madison

how tall are you btw?

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

5'11 last I checked, though it's a lot of leg. I can pretend to be 6'0 when I wear my Ricards [​IMG] It's only knits that are getting the China treatment, jackets, leathers, shirts are all Italy as far as I've seen. I wonder why knit production seems to be getting more expensive (so many companies dropping to lower-level manufacturers when they should all be using Cucinelli) Late edit: Also handled some Rodarte scarves, so ridiculous. Felt like they were going to disintegrate by my touch (0)

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^there was a guy on sz who had a 4k runway coat that they forgot to cut the made in china tag off when it got shipped to italy for finishing, ever since then I don't really trust anything burberry
    PM your homie a pre-sale.
    Just saw this, I will. Template is setup just need to insert some pics that I need to take this weekend. I hope you like something in there that fits you.

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yo hit me up too

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^fo sho

does anyone have the style numbers of loopwheeler crewnecks ie raglan sleeve, regular etc like how one of the hoodies is the lw-09? lost all my info thanks brosefs

searching a bunch of threads didn't answer my question

12. keredog

keredog Well-Known Member

What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off. [​IMG]

13. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off.

haha

14. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

I just looked at the chino thread for the first time in several months. Things I saw....

Are slim fit Dockers too slim for a corporate job?
    Help, Dockers are cut too slim for me!
    Is it ok to wear Dockers in a bank?
    Hey, check out Lands End chinos!

Fortunately LL Bean was not mentioned, otherwise I may have entered into deep depression and possibly a coma. Blame Levi for the sad state that is known as business casual.

15. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off.

Sperry's are eternally bad ass, as are Chucks. Here Sperry has artfully combined two classics together-- the lower of the Chuck with the upper of the boat shoe. Plus, the wool adds a touch of old world charm and craftsmanship. What's not to like?

16. keredog

keredog Well-Known Member

Sperry's are eternally bad ass, as are Chucks. Here Sperry has artfully combined two classics together-- the lower of the Chuck with the upper of the boat shoe. Plus, the wool adds a touch of old world charm and craftsmanship. What's not to like?

You make a good point. I just wasn't 100% sure if they were tacky or not. I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm more accustomed to the Superfuture look, if even that. I think the wool will be a nice compliment to the autumn weather.

Oh btw, would these kinds of shoes best fit chinos or would they go well with jeans in general?

17. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

http://www.thereference.it/home.php?cat=254

dior jeans on deep sale, 17.5 cms and 19cms in various washes and colors

price on the initial page includes VAT, so subtract 20% from it... sz 29 17.5 cms for like 175 shipped

also solid prices on mediocre lanvins and someone def needs to cop a pair of those deeply discounted margiela boots for their girl

18. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

british pounds [​IMG]

19. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

You make a good point. I just wasn't 100% sure if they were tacky or not. I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm more accustomed to the Superfuture look, if even that. I think the wool will be a nice compliment to the autumn weather.

Oh btw, would these kinds of shoes best fit chinos or would they go well with jeans in general?

U been trolled

20. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

^there was a guy on sz who had a 4k runway coat that they forgot to cut the made in china tag off when it got shipped to italy for finishing, ever since then I don't really trust anything burberry

hahahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.