1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Does it have to be hooded? Lots of companies make really nice belted robe coats and belted cardigans. Document, SK Manor Hill, Tomorrowland, Eidos, etc.

2. happyriverz

happyriverz Well-Known Member

Took delivery of the black silk workwear trousers, and they are much better than the polymide workwear trousers from FW15: the silk drapes much better, and the light quilting makes it feel like you are wearing a light silk blanket on your legs.

The fabric has a very, very slight sheen, not enough to be shiny, but enough to catch a little bit of light. Color is a washed black, but also has very deep blue and charcoal tones depending on the light. Fit is mid-rise, waits is TTS, and a straight cut that ends in a 10'' leg opening. I think it would make an awesome suit with the matching jacket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I think I could do a shawl collard one. I'll check some of the recommendations here. Any other ones?

5. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

that Kapital coat is the best thing ever

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. dieworkwear

There's this

http://www.gentrynyc.com/products/wallace-robe

[​IMG]

NMWA also had a cool one from Document, but it's sold out. They may bring it back though. This season's was a reissue

1 person likes this.
  7. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

As mentioned before, EG has a great shawl collar knit robes if you can forgo the hood (which imo, I think a shawl collar is excellent for that type of look). These are from a few seasons ago and you can find them for pretty cheap these days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (this is the one I have. It's one of my favorites)

And of course, I always plug nonnative for robes.

[​IMG]

"Logger"

[​IMG]

"Roamer"

Not shawl collar but this is a flannel fabric that's awesome
    [​IMG]

"Sleeper Gown"

5 people like this.
  8. dieworkwear

No longer available, but this is an old dressing gown by Tommy Nutter -- a bespoke tailor who revolutionized Savile Row in the 1960s. He and Edward Sexton turned the tailoring street from a kind of hush-hush gentlemen's quarters into a hipper, more modern place that attracted edgier, younger customers. Clients included the Beatles, Mick Jagger, Elton John, etc. Was known for his very bold and brash style. Crazy broad suits with massive, bellied lapels, wild patterns, etc.

This dressing gown was meant to be worn at home, but all this talk about shawl collar robes reminded me of it. Love the psychedelic style. Really contrasts agains the kind of micro-paisleys and polka dots that such robes were traditionally cut from.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    5 people like this.
  9. happyriverz

Are you set on having a belt? If not, this Isabel Benenato cardigan is super nice (the safety pin closure is a nice touch, but optional):

[​IMG]

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Wearing the document robe coat FEELS more like a bathrobe than any knit I' have, including the once-popular Barenarobe.

Docurobe is my most-worn piece of outerwear this year.

1 person likes this.
  11. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

How does this fit?

12. happyriverz

Oversized. I tried on the medium in a store, and IMO, sizing depends on the length of your arms because the body is loose no matter what, and it's meant to be loosely closed (see the safety pin) or worn completely open.

13. dieworkwear

Another bad ass robe

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. adeniran

adeniran Well-Known Member

No hood or waist belt, but still very cool piece from W+H

[​IMG]

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff, I like that EG one from a few seasons past. The one with the image from Context. Guess I can find on grailed?

Side question: If I buy from Yahoo Auctions Japan, do engineered garments in japan = usa sizing? Small = Small?

16. santaclara

santaclara Well-Known Member

I am looking at waist measurements for pants with an elastic waist. The medium says 66~88cm. Would the first number likely be the waist unstretched and the last number would likely be the max they can stretch out? These are the pants in the question.

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=113257300

17. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

There is a SF ember with a Patrick Bateman avatar offering proxy service from the USA, what's his name ?

Also, I am trying to find a Neil Barrett jacket from a couple of years ago, what is your hunting method when you're looking for a very specific item ?

18. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Well-Known Member

@Coldsnap having owned and/or handled a number of the things mentioned here, I'd strongly suggest the Kapital ring coat. Looks less like a robe, but the wool one I tried totally felt like wearing a robe/blanket

1 person likes this.
  19. malcb33

malcb33 Well-Known Member

20. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member