1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

You just rip them off. The extra tears just add authenticity.

1 person likes this.
  2. baltimoron

baltimoron Well-Known Member

You didn't learn anything from last time did you

1 person likes this.
  3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

There's something vaguely pubescent about these people. I get that they're going for that rakish something or other and the ripped jeans enhance that vibe, but my 14 year old step sister wears jeans exactly like those dudes so how developed can your fashion sense really be.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

add to what? gonna be a lot of work just to get out of negative numbers [​IMG]

5. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

Super random question, but does anybody know where I can find some cool women's pajamas? I'm looking to get a jump start on Christmas shopping and I can't seem to find anything besides Saks house brand. Thanks in advance!

6. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

Maybe Hanro or Maison Marcy

7. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

9. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Everything basically trickles down from designer to fast fashion since they rip (you like that) everything off so shit gets played out super quick especially with all the commingling of sheep mentality so prevalent on all these social platforms these days.

I actually don't have a problem with ripped jeans, mine used to be albeit naturally back in like 04 and everyone was hating on me. On tight jeans though it does look retarded as fuck. And stans, fuck stans.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

MHL too

12. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Cabourn some, too.

13. eazye

eazye Well-Known Member

14. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

So this ended up being not as bad as I'd initially feared. Mopped it up with wet wipes as soon as it happened and the coat is beige, not too far from coffee colour I guess so it's almost invisible after drying out. Debating whether to take it to the dry cleaners or if they may make it worse.

15. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

i would just clean the spot by hand with some weak-ish fairy liquid solution. go very gently and repeat if necessary, worked on one of my coats

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Well-Known Member

This may be of interest to you (taken from https://agnautacouture.com/2013/10/13/paul-harnden-shoemakers-additional):

Actually the biggest rascally thing he does - which I know is common in fashion but still, for the price, very rascally - is buy hill boots from William Lennon and sell them at an absolutely massive markup. I've tried on the Harnden ones and bought the William Lennon ones and they are definitely the same. There are a slightly different version available from PH with one version with stitching across the toecap and another with a flat sole, but you can ask for that, and many other options, when ordering directly from the makers.

https://www.rufflander.co.uk/shop/heritage-footwear/268r-hill-boots/
    PH
    [​IMG]
    WL
    [​IMG]

17. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

yeah i've read that somewhere, maybe you had posted it before. he also got a hat at a county fair or something that he really liked for a few quid, reproed it and it sells for now 3-400gbp :lol:

the greatest thing about PH is who he and his friends actually are behind the aura and mystique created in online communities

1 person likes this.
  18. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Well-Known Member

I have a terrible memory so sorry if I have! I hadn't heard the anecdote about the hat but that sounds about right, ha. A grumpy Canadian who loves the pub and hates everyone definitely appeals to me :lol:

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

I have herd the same thing about the PH shoes, kinda sucks that he does that.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Hey I read the post about the WH boots and after reading about he boots on the website I am wondering what the heck is waxed kip butt leather? Anyone?