• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
self deprecating humor + boredom + MS paint =
I have that jacket, and I am sure that a lot of other guys here still have it, or a variation if it. Never really embraced the GAT thing though. I was a Common Projects man.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why is siki Im so hard to find? He's never really been in many shops but sometimes it seems like he doesn't even put anything out at all some seasons.

I feel ya on this one man, I love Siki stuff and own a number of items, but so hard to find anything new. His stuff for this spring looks really cool, but not even a hint of it online

ttam19

Reaction score
I really dig the DEN IM by SIKI IM stuff. A little less crazy and at great price point. Tried on some of the stuff, and the cut was great.

absolem

Reaction score
You can't compare beats and B&O, unlike beats B&O actually makes good products, which aren't just $20 headphones with a couple weights in them.
There are decent Beats products, I don't hear a lot of people complaining about Beats breaking and a couple of their models beat similarly priced models on sound quality. B&O home stuff does sound good, but for the price it had better. Their headphones and earbuds are pretty average though, if you like the sound signature then they can be good.

mementomoriarty

Reaction score
sorry @lesamourai , I only have scruff so my students stop mistaking me for an undergrad. As far as I know not actually SF approved.

also I realized that fit was based off yours from early 2014.

YoungM

Reaction score
A little late comment on the "FASHUN" discussion - I strolled around DSM this weekend, and man, that store has a vibe. I've wandered around some expensive stores in NYC, but only at DSM (on two occasions now) have I been completely surrounded by people who seem waaay more into fashion than I am. I own four pairs of CCP footwear.

Led to some introspection/discussion with the girlfriend on the way I enjoy fashion. I think I only ever made it halfway out of the SuFu/styleforum denim bro culture (which I say affectionately). Despite some borderline absurd spending, I still dress in a manner that is inoffensive to pretty much everyone. I have an Incarnation leather jacket, but it, like the CCP overlock it's aping, is really pretty tame. The wildest thing I own is probably a White Mountaineering vest in a ridiculously awesome fair-isle jacquard.

I'm happy with the stuff I have, and my relationship to that stuff, but something definitely appeals to me about a broader, more look-focused, adventurous approach to the whole thing. If I ever have loads of disposable income, I'll probably buy a ton of Dries.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any suggestions for a small satchel/purse for carrying my iphone/cardholder/ipod around in? summer means no coats and i dont like having things in my pants pockets. 200$ish price range and leather would be ideal

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
any suggestions for a small satchel/purse for carrying my iphone/cardholder/ipod around in? summer means no coats and i dont like having things in my pants pockets. 200$ish price range and leather would be ideal

I've been really happy with my Hender Scheme pig suede tote for a few summers now. I think I paid ~$85 for a new one direct from Japan then, but Gentry has them for $210 now.

Maybe check Rak city to see if you can get one direct from Japan still

edit: just noticed theirs is a single strap version, mine is a regular two strap tote, but seems like the same proportions.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
`
I've been really happy with my Hender Scheme pig suede tote for a few summers now. I think I paid ~$85 for a new one direct from Japan then, but Gentry has them for $210 now.

Maybe check Rak city to see if you can get one direct from Japan still

edit: just noticed theirs is a single strap version, mine is a regular two strap tote, but seems like the same proportions.
Speaking of carrying things - who is it that did like, a leg holster thing, and has anyone done one this season?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
`
Speaking of carrying things - who is it that did like, a leg holster thing, and has anyone done one this season?

we have a thread for that
0760.png

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have that jacket, and I am sure that a lot of other guys here still have it, or a variation if it.  Never really embraced the GAT thing though.  I was a Common Projects man.

You know you can own more than one pair of shoes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads