1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

The long coat is available on Yoox.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Well-Known Member

@OccultaVexillum you could check out Corlection, only denim focused shop I know of in Sydney but mostly Japanese raw denim; not sure if you're looking for black denim (might be an Acne standalone somewhere though).

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm not really looking for denim though.
    Just most of the shops I remember in Sydney seem to be closed now. Supply Store is still going strong and still really dope and Harrolds is good for looking around, I've still never been to the Songs for the Mute shop so I want to do that and I know there's supposed to be a rad store in china town but it apparently only stocks small sizes. Other than that I don't know where to look.

4. akclothpooper

Didn't realise jawns was code for clothes haha, also thanks for the heads up on the SFTM store front needa check it out next time I'm up there. I think Andrew MacDonald has a storrefront now too. The place in chinatown is called Pieces and has some Guidi and Ziggy Chen upstairs if you're keen.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. OccultaVexillum

Oh cool good looks on the china town store, I've been trying to remember the name of it. You've been? Is it all smaller sizes? I was told it was a lot of Rick, Damir, Thamanyah etc.

6. akclothpooper

Nah I've not been but a friend has been and said the shop is shit but has amazing stock, though likely sizes are on the smaller end.

7. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

You could try Republic Boutique on Elizabeth Street. They have Y-3, Rick Owens, Raf, etc.
    There is a Korean cafe that has some cheap, but interesting basics (and some amusing fakes) in China Town, but all the products are free size around EU48 so I don't think anything there would fit you.

1 person likes this.
  8. OccultaVexillum

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably head to SFTM early Saturday and then head to the CBD and check out as much as I can.

9. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

In case anyone was wondering about the update on this, I called what I was fairly certain was all of the RL stores in the country that carry RLPL. I found a couple helpful SAs at a few stores, (Bal Harbour, Chicago, King of Prussia) and several unhelpful ones, but no dice on the jacket. Turns out last season's goods were sent back to HQ in North Carolina a couple weeks ago, so odds were slim that there were any left. The SAs at Chicago, Bal Harbour, and King of Prussia were willing to check their stores and their systems to see if they could find any. Chicago turned up nothing, but the guy in their mens department was awesome, as was always my experience at that store. Bal Harbour found a couple Ms in Naples and one XL in Palm Beach, but it turns out Naples only had one damaged item.

I pretty much assumed I was SOL, but got a voicemail this afternoon from King of Prussia with the good news: apparently there were two stores that I apparently didn't call that showed that they had the jacket in their inventory. So I pulled the trigger and now we wait for it to arrive early next week. Hopefully it's the jacket I'm looking for.

2 people like this.
  10. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

^ I share your experience with the RL store in Chicago. Even though I live a couple of miles from the mansion, I have done a large part of my Purple Label buying with one of the Chicago store SAs.

11. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

do you remember which ebay seller it was? I did the recommended search, and while there are a lot of bags around the $30 price range, none of them quite look like the one you have here.

12. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  13. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

14. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's still stocked but I picked up something like you described from COS, made of hemp.

15. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

I really liked the Miyake pieces as well. The feathering portion of the show was also great. Reminded me of a recent show of Hawaiian feather work at the De Young in San Francisco. Feather capes probably the coolest thing in clothing ever.

16. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Kinda random but does anyone have reccs for a non iphone non junk 4" screen smartphone ? Does such a thing exist in 2016 ?

17. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

My recommendations based on phones that I've owned before:
    Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 4.3" $USD140 or Xperia Z5 Compact $USD430
    Both have the good specs of their respective iterations' flagship phones (camera, processor, memory, water resistant, shatter-proof) except the screens (HD res only), in a smaller form factor.

18. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Great, thanks. Seems like those are pretty much the only decent options available.

19. flowcharts

flowcharts Well-Known Member

I'll second the Xperia Z_ rec. Have an s7 now and wish I could go back to my z3. The camera is really the only thing that's noticeably better.

20. OccultaVexillum

I just checked out some of the new Raf stuff, that oversized puffer jacket is legitimately crazy. I felt like costanza with his goretex puffer. There's also a pair of trousers that felt like they were made of some kind of stretch neoprene but the tag said "100% wv", isn't that virgin wool?

1 person likes this.