1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. badeggcat

badeggcat Well-Known Member

@KaleidoscopicK Size 2 for sure. Size 1 is weird, like a male XS in a female cut

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

CDGH+ ss16 if this is what you're talking about

[​IMG]

3. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Thanks ! Thats the good stuff.

might be out of boutiques now though if its SS16. Damn, anyone got a lead on who might still have some in stock

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Omg, I had no idea. My father and his are colleagues, and we used to see the guys, who were older than us, doing quotidian things like riding their bikes, very slowly, helmets on, with their kids behind them, around town.

They looked super cool in concert (it was a treatcwatching them play in LA, at the House of Blues, a pretty intimate venue) and their style in the early 90s certainly influenced mine.

1 person likes this.
  5. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Sizing varies a lot (I'm a 43" chest and vary between an odd 3, mostly a 4 and a 'can't squeeze in to that') but generally a 4 is L/XL, 3 is Medium, 2 is Small, 1 is XS

The measurements on Kapital.jp are very accurate in my experience.

6. myshoeiswet

myshoeiswet Well-Known Member

the CDG store in chelsea might still have them

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  8. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% certain (it could have been a similar print blazer) but I think MAC in SF has a bunch of those left, you can probably call them. I didn't take a close look so I could be off but I know they carry cdgh

9. javy

javy Well-Known Member

10. LA Guy

Gord Downie, we're with you til whenever. For those of you who don't know, Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

For non-Canadians, it's hard to articulate how much the Tragically Hip means to Canadians. I remember, in grad school, in LA, being about to watch this band at the House of Blues, just a few feet from the stage. Their concerts in the States were much smaller affairs, and brought out Canadians from all walks of life. You'd meet people from Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, wherever. No matter your politics, if you were Canadian, you knew and loved the Hip. I am not sure that there is an American equivalent of this band that helped define the often nebulous Canadian Identity Each stop in their final tour was front page news. The Toronto Police announced in their twitter feed: Dear World, Please be advised that Canada will be closed tonight at 8:30 p.m ET. Have a #TragicallyHip day. The prime minister embraced Gord Downie at their last concert.

Their songs have a special meaning for me, since so many of them were about my hometown, Kingston, Ontario, on Lake Ontario. Blow at High Dough talks about the time Kingston was picked as the location for a movie. 38 years old talks about a breakout from the Milhaven Penitentiary, just on the outskirts of town, and of a local rape and subsequent murder of the rapist. The band members were our neighbors and friends and idols, all at the same time. We used to watch Rob Baker, the tall guitarist with the famously long hair, riding around town on his bike, pedaling very slowly, with his kids in tow, and the concerts they held when I was in university at Queens (Sci97! Sci97!) at Old Fort Henry were raucous and always sold out. Throughout their career, as they grew beyond Kingston, but were always, indelibly, about Canada - a storm on the Altantic seaboard, the courage of a hockey goalie, and so on.

Anyway, fellow Canadians and the rest of the world, I'll leave you with this, from "Road Apples", their second album, "Long Time Running". Run on, Gord.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

The new SSENSE model is so short - almost my height. Appealing to the asian international student demographic?

12. Mulan

Mulan Well-Known Member

For a second I thought it was that other blonde model they often have.

13. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For when people start getting nervous that their package is 6 minutes behind the quoted delivery time

5 people like this.
  14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

On a lighter note, all of our San Francisco SW&D brethren should swing by our meetup next Thursday at SuitSupply San Francisco. I'll be there, so RSVP and then come say hi. Should be fun! Plus, sponsored drinks. Everyone wins.

Also, if you need a suit for an upcoming wedding/event, this is a pretty good opportunity.

@cyc wid it @dieworkwear and everyone else - I expect to see you there!

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

@Mr. Moo you free to join?

16. troika

troika Well-Known Member

I'll most likely be out there

1 person likes this.
  17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

This seasons Sacai x Hender are so much better than last season

[​IMG]

18. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, gents! I'll be sure to revive the Kapital thread once I start obtaining some pieces.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  19. trichomatic

trichomatic Active Member

ya kapital sizing definitely varies a lot. We seem to be similar size. 2 generally works well for me but I've encountered some size 1 and 3 that also fits well. Definitely try before you buy if possible or at the very least check measurements.

20. LA Guy

The Common Projects "workboot" chelsea is much closer in shape to the Epaulet one, but it appears to be a welted boot, as opposed to a simple stitchdown.

I'm interested in comparing the two. Might pick up a pair for research.

[​IMG]