1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

Went to my favorite fast food res taurant and the windows were so nasty I cancelled my order

2. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

Grana holds up pretty well, old cut goes all loose, the new one with reinforced seams shrink one size so size up.

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

The premium tees I tried fit way tighter than the measurements let on, closer to the fit of the standard tees. Fabric is slightly thicker and less soft. I'd stick with the standards tbh

4. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

The grana scoop necks have a square ish shape that fits too loose around the waist for me and too short, but good material. Sifr beanstalks are my favorite with some cuts of AA a close second. Costco Kirland crews are very and hold their shape well but have really wide shoulders.

5. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

@Rais I'm pretty sure I passed you on the street last night. We were crossing Elizabeth St from opposite directions. You had an all white fit accessorised with a small Asian woman. First internet to eyes transition I've had and it was weird. Good fit though.

6. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

I've seen a dude in all Rick in Garden City, other than that, no sightings in QLD.

7. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

If anyone ever sees me IRL, please say hi.

8. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

Thanks. Should've said 'hi'. I was conked out on flu meds though, I'd have probably been weird (more so than usual). I like those Korean and Taiwanese cafes on Elizabeth street, catch up sometime if you want. I am in the CBD 3 or 4 days a week.

9. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I am recuperating from injury and need some cool streetwear-sweats-phys-rehab gear. Help me out Rais. I am slowly converting to athleisure.

Y3? Nikelab?

10. milosh

milosh Well-Known Member

Not Rais but I like the Nike Tech Fit stuff

11. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

I liked Nike's new tech knit stuff (feels cool and the blue colour was very striking in person) and the Y-3 Sport line (which seemed a lot better made than normal Y-3 when I handled it a few weeks ago). I've got an older version of the tech fleece jumpsuit and it's really comfortable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nike's well made for the price and you can find it anywhere, which is a plus. I like Nike White Label a lot but only have a few pieces. It's all made in Italy and has interesting cuts. Worth it if you can find any.

Adidas x White Mountaineering looks cool too, but I haven't seen any of that in the flesh here in Australia.

[​IMG]

Hope you get well soon.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Great. Thanks guys. Fleece jumpsuit sounds about my speed right now. I'll work up to running tights again someday. The WM looks pretty cool.

3 people like this.
  13. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Well-Known Member

@Rais up there in Melbourne's got the AdiXWm shoes and a few jackets if you wanted to have a look, still a bit pricey though.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

Someone should submit something to zxcvbn's rainwear challenge. Even if it's just pics of your coats or umbrellas, etc. It has zero entries so far. I'm sure at least a few people on this forum have some cool rain gear.

1 person likes this.
  15. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Faded Lifestyle?

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Shuriken wounds are a bitch, man.

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Hitting up San Fransisco 7/8-7/15. Never been there before. Preliminary itinerary is staying with friends in Berkley a couple days heading up to wine country, and then back to the city before flying out friday night. Less interested in touristy city stuff, more interested in wine/cheese/redwoods/food/drinks/biking around.

What food places in the city are must-hits? GF and I like oysters and vegetables mostly. Also cocktails.

18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  19. Francks

Francks Well-Known Member

To me what makes blue denim (denim as in jeans not the textile per se) fade is the indigo dye that doesn't chemically bond to the cotton fiber.
    But some black denim fade as well, Is it because for these jeans a specific black dye is used and don't bond to the cotton either?

Does the textile (denim, twill, etc..) have an impact on the colour fastness?

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm interested in this bum bag which is made of cotton denim. Want to be sure the color won't bleed onto other garments.
    [​IMG]

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Indigo doesn't bond particularly well to cotton - it is on a surface dye. Uniike other dyes, which form a chemical bond to cotton, indigo does not. Rather, it's a physical, ionic bond, between the surface of the cotton and the dye, with the cloth becoming darker and darker through increasing cycles of reduction and oxidation. This means that the dye will always "bleed" with abrasion. This will happen even if a mordant (usually a metallic compound which forms bonds with the dye and which makes it more resistance to removal by abrasion) has been applied during the dyeing cycles.

All other things being equal, The thickness of the consitutient yarns will have some effect just because of different in surface areas, but it will have only a cosmetic effect on the way indigo wears off.

Black denim fades as well because it is also uses as a sulfur top dye that, again, is the heart of things, a surfactant.

So, no, you cannot be guaranteed that the color on a denim bag will not bleed onto lighter colored garments.

1 person likes this.