1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

ss16 ... back at it again with the white plaster :slayer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    26 people like this.
  2. hennree

hennree Well-Known Member

^ where did you find those?

3. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Are you talking about the figure four that starts with the stomp to the back of the knee? That's really just a calf slicer using his own leg. I instructed at police academies as well. It is a martial arts move that works well against an untrained opponent, or if you get to attack from behind, but most cop moves are meant to subdue an untrained or reluctant opponent, which means any smart person against a cop, because he has a gun, a taser, and pepper spray. One on one though, a cop is just another dude.

I've trained with a lot of big sherriff's deputies. Guys who are 100 lbs heavier then me. and without the authority of the badge and the weapons and numbers, they are not that special. They can get beat up and submitted or KO'd like everyone else.

5. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

Dear @LA Guy,

Please pay @Synthese more so he can be a proper SF brand ambassador. :foo:

Best regards,
    nahneun
    Uncle Nephew '14-present

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

It's laying flat on your stomach with your hand cuffed on your back with someone crossing your legs and pressing them towards your butt. If they are busy they put the legs between the hands and back and let them "hold" the legs down. It sort of looks like a wrangled cattle.

7. LA Guy

Yeah, I know that move. The important thing is that the hands are cuffed. which is not actually that easy to do, ime. Most people don't automatically fight for wrist control the way MMA fighters, BJJ practioners, and wrestlers, do.

Usually, the takedown to cuff is initiated, if not from behind, using a position called the 100%. You have an underhook and you grab the the shoulder and use the leverage to torque their arms behind them. No one who knows BJJ (as opposed to having gone to a few practices) is going to give up that position willingly. Which is what you see in MMA all the time against the cage - one dude trying for the leg takedown, other other guy using his underhook to pull him up and trying to get to the 100% while driving the opponent's head to the ground with the other hand, or pull it up, depending on the position.

And the legs crossing is the calf crank. It's really painful to have your calf compressed that way. I learned that the hard way the first time I rolled with a 10th planet guy. I didn't even know that it was a submission, just that it was extremely painful. I tapped to pain, to my everlasting shame.

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Calf slicer is unpleasant.

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

fighting for wrist control is annoying as sh*t

10. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Well-Known Member

I wish @brad-t was here to tell you all how stupid you are for discussing/arguing fighting techniques on a men's FASHION webforum.

5 people like this.
  11. nahneun

What if we argued pedantically about proper grammar instead? Would that make you feel better? For example, why don't we talk about how you used the past indicative instead of the past subjunctive to express your desire for @brad-t's presence here to talk smack and law down fashion law?

2 people like this.
  12. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Is this about drag balls? Did you show police officers how to throw shade? Were they just an average guy in a dress or super fabulous?

8 people like this.
  13. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Well-Known Member

anything would be better... So, yes.

14. nahneun

you caught my ninja edit. sneaky.

15. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

"If the heavy metal band Anthrax dies of anthrax, that would be poetically tragic, but not ironic.
    If a diabetic crosses the street and is run over by a truck carrying insulin, then it's ironic. "

-- Urban Dictionary

1 person likes this.
  16. LA Guy

I have been thinking of getting a fashion Noragi that is made to the same durability specs as my competition gi. But not in the double sashiko. Maybe in one of those composite weaves like the diamond weave, or something like that. Also, a hoodie of some sort - maybe a "drug rug" or something like that.

3 people like this.
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If anyone got this and doesn't want it, please let me know. I'm probably a size 4, maybe size 3.

1 person likes this.
  18. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Beware of a new member 'Kimberly Sander' sending out spam PMs.

I've already reported the PM to a mod.

19. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

are those plaster Margiela waterproof? the old painted ones were acrylic based I think
    If anyone is interested in the old white painted gat in size 42 lmk, I have accepted that I am really a 41 and these are a bit too big even with insoles

20. LA Guy

One of the mods also got the PM and exercised the nuclear option on "her."