1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

Would it be possible to show a picture of that makeup? I'm interested in something like that and it would be great for people to see the leather when it is worn for a little.

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I'll talk to John - he hasn't worn them in for a bit seeing as its been pack snow every day for the last month and a half. we'll get you a photo ASAP!

it comes & goes. basically if some company wants a shoe that uses it, they buy some hides and then have leftovers. just have to get lucky

I'm an advocate for brass, especially with cinnamon and brown bison. shiny brass will eventually "antique", but I'd go for either of those over nickel 9 times out of 10. personal preference

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. loxo

loxo Well-Known Member

I'll post pics of the Monroe boots when I get back from my long weekend. In the meantime, I've been putting together an order for wingtip boots in navy shell. I asked about a storm welt on the boots, as it can get pretty wet in NYC and I think they're a nice feature. The storm welt on the Essex boots doesn't look as bulky as the storm welts on Alden or other companies. Scott at Rancourt has cautioned me that the welt would make the boots significantly heavier. Has anyone gotten a pair of Essex boots yet, I wonder how much heavier they could be?

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

About two weeks from today I'll be able to give you my opinion! [​IMG]

5. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Somehow, notwithstanding all the crazy weather they've been having in New England, my king shell Blake wingtips are shipping on their promise date. Pics when they arrive, of course.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  6. FrankCowperwood

7. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

Putting in my order for my Bison boots tomorrow! Hopefully I'll get some use out of them before winter is over. Seeing as winter in Canada is never ending I'm sure I will.

8. FrankCowperwood

Did you go with the Tucson bison? Unlined right? One thing I'd point out which maybe you already know is that the Clymer boots have grommets (?) on the inside lower, by the arch essentially. Very nice for promoting airflow but probably not ideal for snow and slush. You could presumably have them omitted if you ask. That being said chocolate Bison will be good for some rugged summer wear too I think. In the great Canadian out of doors,
    eh? And if not that then you'll have them on again come fall, no problem.

Also anyone looked at the kudu suede collection from the email today? Trooper sole looks good. I could see myself in a pair of these:

[​IMG]

I have yet to go the Blake chukka route.

9. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Well-Known Member

I checked out the kudu collection as well. Thought the beefrolls looked awesome. And my desire to order a boat shoe in kudu suede keeps increasing.

10. FrankCowperwood

Boat shoe yes!

Kudu suede also goes on my list of potential Venetians as well.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Kudu ranger moc is what is calling me

12. fairlynerdy

Kudu suede venetians with jeans would be an excellent summer fit.

1 person likes this.
  13. fairlynerdy

Ranger mocs usually give me flashbacks to the bad parts of 1980s prep (I know, heresy in the Rancourt thread) but it's a totally different look in suede.

14. Nik Telford

Yup Chocolate Tuscan Bison, I got them lined with Shearling actually. But thanks for the reminder about the grommets I meant to ask if those could be omitted but it totally slipped my mind. Definitely too warm for summer and I'm not much of a boot guy outside of winter. Though I am planning on picking up another pair of boat shoes for summer this year. I'm going to outright steal someone else's make-up from last summer haha.

15. FrankCowperwood

Oh right the shearling. So that makes them squarely winter wear. I can't wait to see how shearling and that prehistoric looking bison make up. Will be very cool.

And maybe they'd omit the grommets considering the lining, but it probably doesn't hurt to remind them.

16. Nik Telford

Yeah thanks for the reminder about that, I just sent them off another email. I'm pretty excited for them. Normally I just wear my bean boots all winter but I decided I needed a second boot to wear. These should make for some seriously awesome winter wear. Even though its shearling lined I'm sure ill get wear out of them until april. We usually just skip spring here. I went camping last year in late may and I was cold the entire time still.

17. Nik Telford

@FrankCowperwood Just wanted to say thanks again for the reminder about the side vents. They had no issue at all with ommitting them. Im pretty excited for these boots to come in.

1 person likes this.
  18. loxo

loxo Well-Known Member

I got my Danforth wingtips in snuff suede today. I'll take some better photos in daylight. I really love the feel of these shoes and hence my earlier post, I'm going to get the boot version in shell. I had originally purchased these during the Black Friday sale, but returned my first pair to re-size. There are 1-2 minor inconsistencies with them and I don't know if I should inquire about yet another return for repair or just get over it. The left shoe has an extra hole punched through the midsole where the stitching ends and also has a little bit of the backing piece peaking through the broguing. Overall, though, I'm super excited about them.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. FrankCowperwood

Those look really nice. Snuff is a great suede color for them.

My 2 cents is to wear them and enjoy them.

Doesn't seem as if either issue is one that will cause a structural or functional issue.

1 person likes this.
  20. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of everyone who put in an order recently and had their makeups finished on time. I ordered a "ready made" natural clx ranger moc in an uncommon size. Today was the predicted ship date, but looks like I have to keep daydreaming about my first pair for a little longer.