1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

looks like Brown CXL

2. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Yep. Looks like it. I plan to get me a natty version of that at some point.

3. intensanity

intensanity Well-Known Member

Those are actually the Dark Olive CXLs. A bit darker than I'd hoped but they look amazing in person. The flash makes em look darker

4. intensanity

intensanity Well-Known Member

How do you guys like CXL belts?

5. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting a camp moc done in lolipop red cxl with a honey camp sole and navy laces. They dont have it on the customizer so I want peoples thoughts before I went with it.

6. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

^ that sounds very cool with me. Should be a very nice make up! Don't even know they have so many different CXL available now.

7. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

The lollipop red really pops (no pun intended) in person, so if you haven't gotten a cutting of it from Katie you might consider doing so before you pull the trigger. Otherwise, it's a really cool color, and that sounds like a great shoe.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

That does sound cool. I think honey is a good choice for the sole. White would look good but maybe a little too 4th of July.

9. Nik Telford

Well part of the reason im going for it is because its such a bright, loud colour haha,
    I was actually thinking white originally but I really wanted to stick to a camp sole since I dont have anything with one. I never even thought of it being too fourth of July haha. I was also thiking of going with tan stitching and brass eyelets.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

That does sound good. I'm a fan of red and that brown/yellow range you are looking at.

11. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

Natural CXL Rangers

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. gstephen70

gstephen70 Well-Known Member

I know this is a Rancourt thread, but I just had to share my findings. I don't know how many of you are insane enough to use VSC on your boat shoes, but I was up late last night (stress) and I noticed the can of VSC sitting on the shelf. I tried it on an inconspicuous area first, no lightening/darkening, so I went ahead and applied a very light coating with my fingers. I didn't really change the colour at all, but I do notice that the leather is a bit softer to the touch. Keep in mind, I used this on my Horween Sebago's (which I am forced to wear until my Rancourts arrive). I treated the left shoe and left the right one alone.

Now if only there were a way to keep the damn white soles from getting so dirty (I scrubbed them with dishwashing soap and a scrub brush)...and no, I don't own a boat so these are simply my casual summer shoes.

[​IMG]

13. Nik Telford

I dont think anyone here is really going to judge you for owning boat shoes. Have you tried using a mr. Clean Magic eraser? I've heard it recommended many times .

14. gstephen70

Thanks, I've never thought of using the eraser on the soles. I'll give it a shot.

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Waiting for the big world cup game to start in my Ranger mocs:

[​IMG] Go USA!

1 person likes this.
  16. flowcharts

flowcharts Well-Known Member

Magic erasers do a good job on Christy soles as well

17. Albert Yi

Albert Yi Member

Some photos. After about a week they are comfortable enough that I can run errands in, not quite comfortable enough for me to walk a mile. I'm starting to think I should've ordered true to size. They are still a little snug width-wise, and I'm still getting some heel irritation. It's manageable with a bandaid, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

^wow Parisian blue is somethign really amazing. Nice make up! I should continue to lossen up a bit. I have the CXL beefroll and ranger moc in my brannock size and they all have heel slippage now (2 and 3 years old). When I wear my beefrolls sockless, half of my heel comes out.

19. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Well-Known Member

20. gstephen70

Tau, when I was placing my order, I asked Katie about these and she said these run true to size. I am going to order these but with a rubber sole, as I don't dress for work any longer.