1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Bakes how did you size for her? TTS or half down?

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

TTS on advice from Katie from Rancourt. GF says they fit perfect.

3. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Thanks, girlfriend has been wanting a pair similar to my quoddies so not sure what to get

4. Bakes11771

Dunno what Quoddy offers, but Rancourt has a last specifically for women's handsewns, as you may already be aware.

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

What leather is that? Brown CXL?

6. Bakes11771

7. rustyruss

rustyruss New Member

Hello all,

I am new here but have been reading your posts for several months. I have recieved two pairs of Penny Loafers from Rancourt. I took the advice offered about ordering without the "Box Stitch". Just an FYI, bad idea. My Natural Cromexcels thread started coming undone within two hours of having them. I talked with Katie and they were nice enough to redue the shoes using the box stitch basically replacing that piece of the shoe. My Caramel Cordovan's haven't unraveled..(fingers crossed they won't).

I mention this because of the talk on the board awhile back. Rancourt is using the box stitch for a good reason....Order it without at your own peril!!

P.S. Can't wait til i get my Black Shell Ranger Mocs with black reltex, natural midsole, brass eyes, and chestnut laces next week. Gonna be SWEET!!!!!! :)

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Black shell ranger moc will look killer!! Please post some pics when they arrive

9. Bakes11771

Welcome. You really contributed some good value with your first post. I'm interested to see your black Rangers. They sound quite unique!

10. Bakes11771

Put new laces in my Snuff Rangers. I think these create a more balanced look, with the black on the laces complimenting the smoke aspen. Had to trim these down a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They are also starting to loose that "too new" look as I continue to wear them.

Here are the original laces for reference.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure the colors go well together.

I have these extra laces, which were all too short (75cm) if anyone wants them (for free) PM me.
    [​IMG]

And a family photo. I have Rancourt Shell, CXL and Suede.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Bakes11771

...Only makes sense to add a Penny loafer (I'm not a wingtip guy) of a different material. I had something wild(ly expensive) in mind, but feel like I have been blowing through $ recently, so those plans have been shelved for now.

This thread seems to be dying down lately... must be the change of season, as handsewn isn't really a wintery thing. Folks must be focusing their attention on winter boots.

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Tan bulldog boat shoes.

[​IMG]

I guess all the orders from the customizer promotion have already come through and the photos have been posted. I noticed the Blake brogues are live on the site now. Some nice versions of them and I actually think that $360 is a reasonable price for them. I like my brown latigo glacé version. Will post photos again next time I wear them.

13. Bakes11771

Nicely done, Frank. They have worn in nicely. How do you like the bulldog? Is it less oily/waxy than CXL? Can scratches be buffed out and a shine created through brushing? Stretchy at all?

What is the difference between the Blake and Danforth wingtips? The sole? Agree, that is a good price!

14. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

Isn't Blake the name of the last?

15. Bakes11771

I think blake refers to the construction (Blake stitch and rapid stitch), as MWS has explained. It has been said that they call the last that the blake boots are made on the "John" last. Not sure if the wingtips are made on the same one.

I presume "Danforth" is a model name, such as how they use "Clymer 2.0" ect.

16. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

I doubt the shoe is the same as the boot since the shoe is more pointy, no? Also, I just noticed the shoes are now in 4 widths - B,D,E,EE. The boots are still just offered in D. The bummer is that they still don't have the shoes in C, which is what I really need.

17. Bakes11771

I agree with your reasoning.

18. FrankCowperwood

They are calling the casual versions the Danforth and the dress version the Blake. I think they say somewhere in the text that they are using the 115 last for the brogues.

Will give you my thoughts on bulldog leather in the am...

19. NilsXV

NilsXV Member

Yep, winter is coming, but received my summer 2014 venetians today. Started breaking them in for an hour now. Enough time left to be ready for next season.

Great snug fit as hoped / planned (my very first pair of shoes with different sizes for my different sized feet: realy great!).

First pair of Rancourts and first post here, long time lurker though. SF was/is great intro and source to the brand, thanks to all posting here.

Now the sizing is clear planning a few more pairs:

Green shell camp mocs
    Khaki 2 eyelet chukka's
    Dark olive cxl boats for the misses

Will post pictures when they arrive.

Catch of today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. FrankCowperwood

Those look great. Is that brown CXL? And so you got, for example, a 10.5 for one foot and a 10 for the other? That's a great advantage of MTO shoes. Enjoy and welcome to the thread.