• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Rancourt for Portland Dry Goods Spring Release

Suede boat shoe with brick sole & laces - pretty straightforward classic. Need a boat shoe? this is the one

Olive beefroll loafer with the cushy lactae hevea sole.

Two tone Bison mocc. 4 eyelet ranger with a stock camp sole in our favorite shade of bison.

And belts to match

[Note: The color of the olive suede is better represented on the boat shoe photo than the belt]

All of these are available on our website, though if your size is out of stock / not displayed we're happy to have another made for you, so just email us.

Best,

D.O.

Last edited:

jt2gt

Reaction score
Two tone bison moc...nice. Have to check out the belts. Thanks for the pics.

velomane

Reaction score
I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I'd like to send a big shout out to the people at Rancourt. I needed sizing advice on a pair of CXL loafers, and they were spot on. Also, timeliness was an issue because I was on the road, and needed the shoes sent to where I was going to be in a week and half from the day I ordered. A smooth transaction and a beautiful, well made pair of shoes makes for one happy customer. Well done everyone at Rancourt and Company!

chuckb

Reaction score
Wearing my green and blue suede boat shoes (the jack spade ones) today - my third pair of rancourts, and I could scarcely be happier with all of them.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will buy a pair of blue boat shoes from Rancourt.
I am yet undecided between Navy CXL and Parisian Blue CXL.
Any thoughts on the two leathers of those who have handeled both? Portland Dry Goods for example?

Last edited:

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

I will buy a pair of blue boat shoes from Rancourt.
I am yet undecided between Navy CXL and Parisian Blue CXL.
Any thoughts on the two leathers of those who have handeled both? Portland Dry Goods for example?

we used parisian blue for one of our non seasonal belts we're running and its amazing. its far more "blue" than the navy cxl. basically its a toss up between toned down and vibrant but there's no wrong answer

here's Parisian:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your belt was the reason I even considered the Parisian Blue.
I am a bit afraid though, that while we agree upon it being a lovely color for a belt, it might be a bit too much into peoples faces if it came as concentrated as in an entire shoe.
As you have handled both the Parisian Blue and the Navy CXL first hand and under natural light, which one of the following pictures, which both show a shoe in Parisian Blue, shows the shoe more realistic as it would look like under natural light?

I love the way the boat shoe looks in the second picture but I feel it shows the shoe darker looking than it would look like under natural light as both the picture of your belt as well as the picture of the woman's loafer make the leather appear lighter in color.

Last edited:

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

Your belt was the reason I even considered the Parisian Blue.
I am a bit afraid though, that while we agree upon it being a lovely color for a belt, it might be a bit too much into peoples faces if it came as concentrated as in an entire shoe.
As you have handled both the Parisian Blue and the Navy CXL first hand and under natural light, which one of the following pictures, which both show a shoe in Parisian Blue, shows the shoe more realistic as it would look like under natural light?

I love the way the boat shoe looks in the second picture but I feel it shows the shoe darker looking than it would look like under natural light as both the picture of your belt as well as the picture of the woman's loafer make the leather appear lighter in color.

Is it me or are those navy boat shoes much different than anything on their website? Even in their made to order section. The colour of the leather even looks different than their navy bulldog ones.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Katie about them.
I think there are three details about them, which set them apart from most of their boat shoes.

1. Parisian Blue CXL vs Navy CXL and Navy Bulldog, which they usually use.
2. White thread vs natural thread which the Rancourts prefer over white.
3. The eyelets are nickel plated brass and shiny so vs dull which they use for most of their boat shoes.

Have a look at the following offering of Ball and Buck. It is very much in line with how Rancourt normally produces boat shoes.
Navy CXL, natural thread, dull nickel eyelets. To me it is a good looking shoe, but it is a bit boring, something is missing.
I'll probably go for Navy CXL paired with white thread and shiny eyelets, but am really curious what Portland Dry Goods has to say regarding the look of Parisian Blue CXL under natural light.
http://ballandbuck.com/products/rancourt-and-co-boat-shoe-navy

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my first pair of Rancourt Ranger Mocs. The Clymer - Navy Chromexcel.

I requested they add a liner to these shoes.

Can anyone tell me if they usually honor this type of request and if they charge anything for this modification?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads