1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. velomane

velomane Well-Known Member

Bakes,

Thanks for the response. To be honest, I figured you'd be one of the first to answer. In fact, that's why I mentioned my Van sizing. As for the Made to Fit program, I'm in Canada, and the customs issues would be an absolute nightmare. As my buddy the trucker says: US Customs people are there to protect the country, the Canadian Customs people are there to squeeze every penny they can from you.

I'll phone Rancourt to confirm which lasts they use for the shoes I'm interested in compared to your boat shoes.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on the Steven Alan site. I definitely don't need another pair of shoes, but it's hard to pass up at that price.

3. 100 yrs

100 yrs Well-Known Member

i'm almost wondering if they were posted in error, they are no longer on the site, at least as i can find.

4. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

Got my CXL belt from Rancourt and it's awesome. Matches my Indy boots perfectly

5. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

Try a 12EE or 12E

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  6. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Does anyone here wear orthotics with their Ranger Mocs?

If so, what sizing adjustments did you have to make to accommodate them?

7. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Well-Known Member

if i wear a size 8.5 in Sperry top siders and Clarks DB is fair to assume id be a 8.5 in the CXL ranger mocs? thanks for any help.

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I would say so

9. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting the ranger moc in cxl will stretch as much as clarks dbs? If so, i am in trouble. I just ordered mocs TTS. I had to size down for clarks, and even then they are too floppy.

10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I wear a size 8 in Clarks and size 8 in most dress shoes.. I tried on the Club Monaco version and 8 was spot on

11. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

if you JUST placed the order, you can call them Monday tomorrow morning and try to change the size

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  12. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

Nope

Nope. Weeks ago.

I wear an 8.5 in most things (AE above all) and also a pair of suede rancourt chukkas at 8.5. I think the chukkas are the right length and fit well, but they are roomy. I am reluctant to size down because of the length. They work well with thicker socks.

13. Bakes11771

They typically suggest -.5 from Blake to moc, but even so, Katie told me the difference in length b/w sizes is some small fraction of an inch, so I don't think it will render them unwearable. If they are bigger to begin with, they will probably just stretch less than they otherwise would have if you had started out .5 smaller.

Good luck.

14. jah786

jah786 Well-Known Member

Went to Jack Spade in NYC last Friday and got to try on the JS x Rancourt collab shoe. It was a dark brown venetian, although I couldn't tell if it was CXL or something else. It had a leather sole and rubber tap. It was beautiful. The interesting part was that I thought I would be a size 10.5, like I was for rancourt x Brooks Bros, but 10.5 in this was definitely too big and the size 10 fit me really well. The inside lining had a deep honey almost orange color to it. They were very nice and if they had the brown in my size (they only had the navy), I might have purchased on the spot. The only thing that would have made them better would have been the leather/rubber sole combo (can't remember the name).

I just checked online, and i don't see the shoe for sale at jackspade.com. this may actually only be available in store. They also had the venetian in navy and a chukka boot in a lighter tan color.

[​IMG]

15. Bakes11771

1 You mean the rubber dove tail on the back of the heel?

2 Tempest?

Looks like CXL, but can't say for sure based on a pic.

You could MTO a pair with the sole of your choice, and whatever other enhancements you think of. To me, having it your way is one of Rancourts greatest value propositions.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  16. jah786

jah786 Well-Known Member

Bakes,

thanks for improving my nomenclature. It had a rubber dove-tail, and tempest was the damn word I could not remember. I like the leather sole, rubber dove-tail look, but I find that i slip-slide all over the place. for my own safety, tempest is better for me.

I agree, Rancourt's value prop is having it your way. That's part of the reason why i read this thread, I like to see pictures of what people have come up with.

here is the other picture I took at Jack Spade in Soho. honey leather chukkas and a navy venetian loafer.
    [​IMG]

17. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

18. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Got my resoled ranger-mocs back, with the natural Aspen LH soles. Definitely a great choice. Comfortable and much more support than the camp moc soles, a bit thicker as well. I can definitely feel the cushion in there. The camp moc sole wasn't uncomfortable, but you could definitely feel the ground under your foot. This is a nice compromise between the overly obvious Vibram Christie sole, and the fake rubber heel of the RLH sole. It's very interesting putting these on, after having worn my boat shoes for the past couple of weeks.

Also, there was no upcharge for upgrading the sole, which was a nice touch. $60 with shipping, round trip. It's a no-brainer, then, if you're getting your shoe resoled. No way I'd get it redone with a camp-moc or boat sole, if I can get this sole instead.

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I am having the toughest time trying to reach Katie for a customer order. It is literally taken like 3 weeks and still cannot seem to complete it. I am about to give up and give my money elsewhere

20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

call them ... they are super backed up via email but always respond promptly to phone calls