• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Calikid

Reaction score
Nice shine (on both), what is your regime?
Thanks,
a very tiny, little bit of renovateur and lots and lots of brushing. It took a while for the Rancourt boots to take a shine but now they are shining up nicely.

Last edited:

LaymanX

Reaction score
In this epic thread are there any pics of ranger moc shoes paired with shorts? Tried on a pair at the local club Monaco today, but couldn't visualize how it'd look with shorts.

Also, do ranger mocs work with low cut socks?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In this epic thread are there any pics of ranger moc shoes paired with shorts? Tried on a pair at the local club Monaco today, but couldn't visualize how it'd look with shorts.

Also, do ranger mocs work with low cut socks?

I think ranger mocs work with shorts, though sans socks, IMO.

I would not wear them with ankle socks or low cut socks. Mid calf or over the calf only, with pants of course. Personal opinion.

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
I intend to buy a pair before the summer to be worn with no show socks. Just have to figure out which sole.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Slightly different captoe but I bet this would look awesome in a navy or dark green shell...

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/hamilton-boot-dark-brown-bulldog.html

First post in this thread and experience with Rancourt. I went for the Hamilton boot in Bulldog. Ordered my normal size 9.5 but went all the way up to 10.5 to find the right fit with an athletic sock. They were very accommodating. The natural latex ranger sole in particular is just awesome. Great cushioning and spectacular grip. I could hear it gripping when new not only on wood flooring but carpet. Like a little velcro sound with each step.

BTW, anyone know how best to care for the bulldog leather? Does not look like it really wants to be polished.

rkusmant

Reaction score
gonna place an order of cherry cxl penny loafer with ripple sole, we'll see how it goes.....

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Hmmm... sounds nice. Don't recall seeing cherry CXL on Rancourt's site. That will have some pop. :)

bwidjaja

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie here, but has been a lurker for some time.
Recently I am interested in getting a pair of Rancourt Beef Roll Penny Loafer in Navy Shell Cordovan.
However, after seeing this picture on ebay, I am having second thoughts about the look of the stitching over time.

Notice how the underside of the leather in natural colors are visible on the front of the shoes. Is this normal? If so, maybe I should go with the more traditional color 8 shell. Anyone has experience?

rkusmant

Reaction score
I don't remember where I saw cherry cxl first tine, but I sent email to Rancourt asking for it, they say it's available.
They don't seem to publish full list of leather in their collection (colorwise) but they have leather type reference guide, so need imagination on how the color looks like.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is cherry cxl any different from the cherry cavalier that Tricker's use?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OSB did their styleforum exclusive in cherry last yr. beautiful color

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads