1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Well-Known Member

Ideally the shoes should be tight on first wearing.
    Theoretically, if they are loose then they shouldn't stretch as you aren't going to be applying a lot of force on the leather beacause there is already enough space inside.

Wearing them without socks might be another thing all together and they may feel too loose.

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

Nice makeup! Thanks for sharing.

I just submitted an order yesterday. Pics on arrival.

3. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

Hey guys just saw this on twitter a new makeup for Club Monaco, thoughts?

[​IMG]

4. hhkb

hhkb Member

You'll probably get many different opinions on this. But my unlined ranger mocs did not stretch much at all. I'm glad I did not size down or they would be too tight.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Unlined green suede chukkas with crepe sole. Rancourt for BB.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

7. JVD521

JVD521 Member

So how comfortable are the standard camp soles? Seems like most opt for the RLH or other optional soles? I'm looking to buy a pair of Ranger Mocs and am trying to decide between the regular camp sole or the new Reltex Aspen. The camp soles look so thin, is there any cushon at all? Just unsure about how any of the thicker soles would look with shorts.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I own 3 different pair of shoes on the camp shoe and find them all extremely comfortable

9. JVD521

JVD521 Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any cushion built into the insole at all? I'm sure I need to quit over thinking this and order a pair. Just trying to make them as versatile as possible where I can wear them to work with jeans or chinos plus sockless on the weekends with shorts and jeans.

10. hhkb

hhkb Member

RLH soles are extremely comfortable - lots of cushioning. But I think the camp / deck soles look better for summer and shorts.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  11. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

There is a firm leather half-sole in the unlined shoes (don't know about lined). It goes from the heel to just supporting your arch. It's thick but it's not a cushion, though the way it breaks into your foot will make it more comfortable than actual cushion. There is nothing added to the front of the shoe, it's just the CXL of the upper (it extends all they way around to the bottom of the shoe) sitting on top of the rubber sole. I find this very comfortable, and it's all moulded quite nicely to my foot.

Edit: as for sockless, I wear mine sockless or with thick socks. Both are great. The "only leather" construction is much nicer for bare feet than neoprene/cushioning. But, when going sockless, definitely get unlined, they breathe a lot better, and the smoothness of lined shoes feel weird on bare feet.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  12. JVD521

JVD521 Member

13. sayocean

sayocean Well-Known Member

Anyone have pictures of the Bedford Chukka worn in? Thanks.

14. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

Have you guys heard of Rancourt making shoes for Allen Edmonds recently? I found some chukkas on line that said AE but were clearly Rancourt, complete with RLH.

15. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

16. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

Hayden.

17. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

On a whim, I made a very low ball offer on these rancourt for RL navy ranger mocs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171032278681
    and was very surprised when they accepted.

I just got a pair of the BB pinch pennys and instantly fell in love. The rangers are .5 size down, but I read that the pinch's last runs bigger... hope that's the case.

Either way, very excited!

Question-- do you guys let the scuffs develop, or is there some navy polish out there to keep em clean looking??

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Well-Known Member

That looks like Navy Chromexcel [leather].

If it is, you can just get a little venetian shoe cream or saphir renovateur and a horse hair brush and most scuffs will brush out.

If you look back in this thread to Jan/Feb you can see before after pics of a pair of boat shoes that I cleaned up.

When it gets really bad, just send them to Rancourt for refinishing.

I've never actually tried, but I doubt CXL would take to polish well, as it is so oily. The polish probably won't absorb, rather just stay on the surface.

19. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

Guys I am trying to decide on either the clymer in either natty cxl or navy with aspen sole. Any suggestions

20. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

Wow that clean up job you did was great! Glad to see the CXL cleans up that well. And thanks for the tips. I was just a little worried that the polish wouldn't 'recolor' the scuffed parts navy.

My BB pinch loafers are the first CXL shoe I've gotten. Usual dress shoe is shell and then I am usually in my red wings otherwise. I've always worn sperrys, but these bad boys make them feel like bricks on my feet! No looking back!