1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RALPH LAUREN WINTER (CASH/WOOL) SUITS

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oldskool, Dec 18, 2004.

1. oldskool

oldskool Well-Known Member

I just took advantage of the polo.com sale + 25% off using code HOLIDAY25 in case anyone needs anything through Sunday. Â I note that both wool/cashmere flat front suits I purchaesed are both shown with traditional 1 3/4" cuffs on the models. Â I will be using these suits in a professional environment in a sales job. Â All my cuffed Paul Stuart suits have pleats. Â Do you think I should go cuffs as Ralph Lauren depics with a standard wingtip?? Or no cuffs since the pants are flat front. Â Being conservative in my ways, and not wanting to rock the boat too much, I am inclided to cuff as noted: http://www.polo.com/product....=family

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I always get cuffs unless they are a narrow leg casual trouser - say, in corduroy or khaki-colored cotton. It hinges on personal preference. p.s. great suit. I would buy any of their sale suits but none are in my size. They had my size in one of them until a few days ago, but no more. [​IMG]

3. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Traditionally cuffs go with pleats, and no pleats=no cuffs. That's a rule of thumb that can certainly be violated by personal preference.

4. oldskool

I was addressing a comments from a few weeks back where the poster insisted that flat front = no cuffs.

I am pleased to learn that both this board and Mr. Lauren allow a nice cuff on these flat front suits.

Also, do you all think this was a good deal? 40% off + 25% off ~65% off - not bad right?? Still expensive to tailor.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

yes, good deal, I like blue label very much.

6. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Well-Known Member

Really nice suit. I never get cuffs because I don't like the way they look. A personal choice. Cuffs do help the drape a bit though by adding some extra weight to the botton of the trousers. I wanted to get the black chalkstripe suit at $587 but they don't have my size. What a beauty. http://www.polo.com/product....=family

7. oldskool

I can appreciate on a pair of hip tapered slacks with say Prada shoes, NO CUFFS would be the only way to go. But on a conservative suit such as these, I can;t see it without cuffs, pleats or no pleats.

Thrilled to learn that you all are too finding this great sale on polo.com. The black one was 50% off plus an additonal 25% off. I mean, at that price, can they make any money?? Inventory reduction I guess.