• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saturdays, did you get your leather jacket yet? give an opinion and did you stick with your regular shirting size? wasnt sure if i should size up

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saturdays, did you get your leather jacket yet? give an opinion and did you stick with your regular shirting size? wasnt sure if i should size up

I get it tomorrow, I got an XS, I think I should be alright with that. I'll fill everyone in by then on the Cricket Jacket and the Leather Varsity Jacket

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get it tomorrow, I got an XS, I think I should be alright with that. I'll fill everyone in by then on the Cricket Jacket and the Leather Varsity Jacket

Waiting to see the cricket jacket in real life.
Mine hasn’t been shipped yet.
Also rugby 36R blazer vs their S or XS … what size are you on their blazers that are marked S/XS….(old ones sometimes available on ebay) ?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a 36R blazer (caruso navy schoolboy) and take everything else XS or 14.5 dress shirts with rugby ... saturdays is similar/identical to me and he does the same

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Waiting to see the cricket jacket in real life.
Mine hasn’t been shipped yet.
Also rugby 36R blazer vs their S or XS … what size are you on their blazers that are marked S/XS….(old ones sometimes available on ebay) ?

RKD is right, we are basically the same size.

I was thinking about the 36R coat on eBay its a good price, I have the gray flannel version and its very nice.

Although that Small Velvet jacket is nice too, and I sorta want that as well...dunno which one or if any I'll pick up..Small is usually more like a Sz 38, but I've encountered smalls the size of a 36R

Last edited:

albeindc

Reaction score
Still waiting for my order from Monday to be shipped out. What the deal, Rugby ?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, but I will tonight. An item from my last order (about a month ago) also took about a week to ship out, so it may not be an issue.

Yeah I thought it was odd, a friend of mine had to verify he ordered from Rugby over the phone once. They called him to verify the order and what not, which I have never had to do, and I order pretty often from RL - but maybe thats why the dont call me...

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its tight at first, but once it lightly loosened up it was nice. Armholes are high, which I like, lots of movability. It is pretty tight on my body, hugs it well. I can button it up but it looks weird, and looks much nicer unbuttoned, or at the most one button is enough.

The patch is okay, but I think I'd rather replace it with another patch - although I can save that for later.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This cricket jacket is horrid. Stay away in my opinion. It fits a little bigger, sleeves a little longer, and it has very unimaginative buttons. Its unreconstructed apart from the sleeves. I have a very similar patched up version of this in a size Small, and it fits nicer, has nicer buttons and works well. I am probably going to sell this on eBay or maybe just return it, haven't decided yet.

(Leather Varisty Jacket is here)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads