1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. albeindc

albeindc Well-Known Member

That second look is very clean and easy to pull off.

2. Fitnesschrizzz

Fitnesschrizzz Active Member

Will Rugby have a spring collection?

3. Arsenal

Arsenal Well-Known Member

Given that they're closing the line, I would say no.

1 person likes this.
  4. dstevens1084

dstevens1084 Member

Im looking for the red tartan tuxedo jacket in size 46 or xl! Also interested in any older jackets/blazers and sweaters in size L or XL, 46.

5. Cambel

Cambel Active Member

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have experience with Rugby's accessories? Looking at the site, it seems like the latest round of markdowns went to those items mostly. I know that some, like the slippers, are particularly notable--handmade in England and all that--though the website seems to highlight that. Does anyone know if any of the other accessories are of notable make and thus might be a good time to buy?

6. rbsteffens

rbsteffens New Member

Could anyone give us the new Student Discount code? Thanks so much!

7. albeindc

I believe Saturdays has a pair of slippers that he could give feedback on.

I have been using one of the silk/leather wallets for the past 4 years, and it's been great as a daily beater. I put up pictures a couple of pages back. There is fraying and wear, but for the most part, it's held up really well to pocket abuse, and the leather ages gracefully.

Got my latest order in the mail last night:
    2 OCBD in purple and pink
    1 blue wool bowtie
    1 purple R polo
    1 gold/navy R rugby
    1 multi-stripe ribbon belt
    1 orange covered thermos

All-in-all satisfied with that haul. Would love to snatch up a couple more items later this month, but I seriously need to keep my spending in check. I justify it as "they'll never be around again so might as well go for it".

8. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

Unless stated the accessories are not anything to noted by. Mostly your usual Made in China stuff, that being said they are nice. Most ties are Hand Made in Italy, but apart from that and the slippers its not very clear what is a higher quality accessory and what is not.

Their leather belts are nice, but thin. Their surcingle belts are as nice as any other. Their wallets hold up well. The ties are hit and miss, some can be horrible, but from my experience most of them are pretty nice in the PRL breadth of quality. Tie Bars and Cuff Links are all very nice, suggest you pick a few of those up. Slippers are all handmade I think by Bowhill/Shipton/Stubbs, pretty sure they have changed it up once in a while.

I kind of want the Rugby Skull Slippers, but I already have these RLPL ones, no need for them. I wish they had other styles, the one with oars on them isn't really my fancy.

Just picked up:

Glenplaid Newbury Jacket

Green Down Jacket (only like 65 bucks)

Oar, Dart and Engraved Tie Bar

White Dress Oxford (another, can't have enough)

Fox Surcingle Belt

Code is: STUD14791

EDIT: Those Skull Slippers are an amazing deal, and going fast a few min ago every size was in stock now only 4 sizes left

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Idk if I should pull the trigger and get the wool sport coat for 142 after student discount...I wanted to get a deconstructed jacket but that one looks promising...also not sure on sizing but im sure 38 would fit well.

Or the reverse trench for that matter.

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah went a little crazy and just bought everything that i had been eyeing for awhile

both socks, all the tie bars and the antique cufflinks, the striped suit and the tartan toggle coat. rip rugby

11. Saturdays

nice, the socks werent there when i checkd earlier for some reason, an hour after i ordered they were there again. Already have a pair of each, but can't hurt to have more!

I really wish the gray striped or flannel was still available in 36R, would've bought them both.

What I'm most pissed about is that I will never ever ever be able to get these:

[​IMG]

12. Saturdays

13. randomkoreandude

wow those are so sick in cords dang ... :(

14. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Holding off on a bigger discount to get the tartan toggle jacket...

15. randomkoreandude

yeah i dunno i was doing the same but the navy was put at this price point and then subsequently sold out. the tartan remained at 299 forever so going to 229 is prolly best bet at this point but good luck to ya bro

1 person likes this.
  16. albeindc

I agree, I think this will be the lowest price point they will offer directly before items get moved off to discount retailers.

17. Saturdays

Yeah I'm glad I got that 36R Glenplaid Sportcoat. It's not even on the site anymore

18. Saturdays

Wow they already shipped my stuff out. Should be here on the 15th. Usually takes them 24hrs-ish to start shipping

19. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Not that much inventory to sift through...sad but true.

20. albeindc

Just put in my last order ever I think. Went for:

Rugby Striped Silk Wallet
    Red/Navy Winged Foot Card Holder
    All the tie bars except the dart (not really feeling that one for some reason)
    Shield Key Fob
    White Dress Oxford (the remaining size was actually my size!)
    White R Polo
    Black/Cream Striped Cable Boatneck Sweater

Almost went for the Patchwork Scarf, but can't justify it as I have too many scarves already that I under-utilize. Someone should grab it though. Also that Patchwork Cardigan is still there if people want that. Still an OK variety on the site if people want to get orders in.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013