1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

:spew: for casual fridays?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. Amelorn

Amelorn Well-Known Member

I want those BADLY myself, but I am waiting for them to go on sale. Don't buy them all!

Non sequitur: I was surprised to see Rugby RL stuff in Century 21 yesterday.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Well-Known Member

Am actually wearing their green varsity cardigan right now, which I get enormous compliments on.

While I hesitate (and don't) pay full retail for their stuff (as mentioned above, enough product is left during their sales that it's keen to wait), I love the athletic cut of their tops. I've had my eye on their cricket sweater from this season - soon as it goes on sale...

4. JTK

JTK Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the length of the tweed sport coats? Are they standard, or cut shorter. Thx!

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

they appear to be on the shorter side. are you looking at one in particular?

6. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

not TB or BBBF short, but short. It fits well, but construction is definitely NOT up to PRL

7. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

8. JTK

JTK Well-Known Member

I'm considering one of the Newbury jackets. I'm just looking for a well-fitting tweed, and haven't had much luck so far!

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

most men in MC would consider the jacket short but the hot chick doesnt care

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  11. clee1982

you should go to the store, I think they have a grey tweed as well, fits very well off the rack (at least for me), though construction is not to the suiting crowd standard.

12. clee1982

13. clee1982

or Edward Green on sale I suppose. Alternatively might look into Barker Black, they love skull...

14. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yep that's what I'm waiting for as well. I remember when Rugby first opened I bought a bunch of things at full retail, returned everything except a sweater, and re-bought a month later at 80% off most things. Hopefully they'll start the sale by december this year.

15. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

didnt that just come out last month?

17. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

ya i mean i've been checking it out since it came out with the tweed run. lol.

i've been looking for a nice cardigan for a while now.

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

University oxfords are good and come in some nice colors. I have seen the white, green, and blue. Green is a little too bright for me personally. Would love to try the purple/lavender.

Tail is short enough imo to wear untuck (I stand at 5'10). After many washes, the fit is pretty good, size small. I wish the collar was a bit more beefier/longer points and collar to sit higher up like some TB oxfords.

I did notice a little that the sleeve length may have shortened due to washes over time, but in general, I consider these shirts for casual wear and not to be mixed in use with more MC attire.

19. dogatemyhw

dogatemyhw Well-Known Member

Apparently, "the tweed run" or whatever is somewhat limited edition. The knickers I ordered are almost gone (no size 32 hehe) so if you want them, I'd hop on it real quick!

20. clee1982

well, if you're in NYC, just go to the University and 12th, I am sure they would have most in stock