1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ralph Lauren Experts?...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jamiebryant, May 28, 2012.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

Polo Country is what RRL became around 1993. 'Country' was disillusioned for RRL and is considered a Vintage item. That coat looks pretty cool, but a value for resale is hard to pin down on it. If it wasn't an XL, I would've been mildly interested in it.

The best thing to do is check eBay and see similar items and what they sell for. Also, I'm not sure if RL Vintage buys vintage items from collectors or what, but if you can figure that out maybe they'd like to feature it online and sell it. Although, that may be tougher to pull off than simply posting it on eBay

2. tjknupp

tjknupp Member

Thank you very much! I was having trouble finding any information on it or even anything comparable on eBay so that helps me out a lot. The pictures don't do it justice but it is in just perfect condition without even a snag or fray. I will continue to do some research on it and will see what it brings. Either way, not a bad find for $9.99 at a thrift store. Thank you again!

3. crewmeister

crewmeister New Member

Saturdays, I've always been curious how you can distinguish the original U.S 1989 Ralph Lauren Polo Flag sweaters. Do you know where I can get a listing of unique characteristics to distinguish the authentic original 89 sweaters from later or foreign versions? Interestingly, I saw an ebay listing that showed the tag of what it claimed to be an original 89 polo flag sweater, and it was a close variant to TJKNUPP's tag, saying "Ralph Lauren: Country: Authentic Dry Goods"
    I guess I'm wondering if this was a legit 89 polo sweater since Polo Country didn't come to be until around 1993?
    Anyways, any info on the 1989 Polo Flag sweaters would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

4. Daniel Valdez

Daniel Valdez New Member

Polo Ralph Lauren label pertains to men's clothing, where as Ralph Lauren pertains to women's clothing they both have blue labels. In women's the next label is green, black then purple being the highest priced