1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

raleigh denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robbie, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I measured the thigh on my pair and it was about 12" laid flat. I compared them to another old pair of jeans that I have that fit me better and those were closer to 12.5"-12.75". Is there any chance these will stretch that much? I'm sure they will soften up with wear too, so that may help the fit.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Yea, you should be able to get .5" of stretch in the thigh

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll hold on to them for a bit then. Epaulet is releasing some new denim in a week or so, and based off their other pants I have from them those my fit me better. I'll get those and compare them to these and keep the ones that fit better.

4. lechoibusier

lechoibusier Member

Request for RD Nash Straight sizing advice:

if I'm a 29W in Imogene Willie Barton and 29W in Tellason John Graham Mellor(imo tellason stretches more) what would you recommend for RD? 30W or 31W? how much does RD stretch compare to imogene and tellason?

someone has to start a magic brand & size cross-reference chart for everyone's pocketbook & sanity.

thanks.

5. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

does anyone have experience with the summer weight jeans from raleigh? The 33 selvedge alexander fits me slightly snug around waist but it doesn't seem like they'll stretch too much since its the lighter summer weight. any ideas?

6. dgonsh

dgonsh Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Raleigh Jones Original Thins in comparison to Naked/Famous Weird Guys, Rogue Territory Stantons, Gustin Slims, Tellason's? I wear a 32 in both Naked/Famous WG's, 32 in Rogue Territory stantons...34 in Gustins (33's do up but are too tight in the waist by a bit), 33 in Baldwin Henleys, 32 in Tellason Ladbrokes are a bit tight but do up fine...

No one locally in Toronto sells Raleigh according to their website. One place that did went out of business last month, and one is 40 mins north by car...

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

^ I just ordered a pair the other day... probably a couple sizes smaller but just for proportional comparisons I'll take a look when I get them and let you know.

8. dgonsh

dgonsh Well-Known Member

9. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what shoes he's wearing here? I don't know if it's the filter or what, but they look incredible.

10. Austin Tremblay

I have a pair of summer weight Jones (I think they're a special run of chambray they did—I picked them up at the workshop, when I was visiting back home). They've stretched about an inch in the waist, but not much anywhere else. They are, absolutely, the best pair of jeans I've ever bought.

11. Superpanthers

Superpanthers New Member

it's true to size, I just got my ALEXANDER, beautiful and conformable . plan on buying one more.

12. Superpanthers

Superpanthers New Member

they are true to size. Just got mine,

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

JONES in 30 arrived yesterday and they are sweet. My other pair is THIN in 29. I sized up one because the THIN are definitely skinny, rock star style and I wanted something slightly more "normal" in the fit and cut. They aren't significantly different in the top block as far as I can tell, but the leg is definitely more of a striaight cut as opposed to a tight taper. I haven't taken any measurements, but if anyone is curious just ask! :nodding:

14. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Well-Known Member

I've had my Original Thin Fit jeans for about 20 months now. They've held up pretty well, I had a pretty significant crotch blow out during the winter when I was frolicking in the snow. I had my seamstress repair it, and they've done fine since then, but the crotch does have considerably more wear than the other parts of the jeans. They have faded very nicely over the months, I have worn them pretty consistently and washed them 4-5 times now. The jeans are quite slim fitting in my opinion, and I've been contemplating moving on to another pair of jeans that are looser fitting. If anyone is interested in buying a used pair of Original Thins' in size 28 message me.

15. Burt Bondy

Burt Bondy Member

Hey guys,
    Anybody know what the difference is between the Nash and the Nash Tencel Selvage Raw. Are the Tencel worth getting? They are currently on sale for 200 bucks.
    Im not sure about the blue colour. Ive never seen Tencel denim before. Im stumped....

16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

@Burt Bondy I've never seen tencel denim either; looking around online did not help answer things I would want to know--weight and fading properties, primarily. I'm not big on the starting color of those in the online pics, but they're so different from place to place, so who knows on that front. You could always call Raleigh and ask them about that fabric. I guess if you got a pair, it'd be an experiment.

17. Burt Bondy

Burt Bondy Member

I carried out an online serch as well and came up blank. Its certainly a mystery this 'tencel' denim.

18. Austin Tremblay

Becky at Raleigh Denim mentioned the Tencel briefly in an email to me about some other things. This is what she said: "Tencel is made from woodpulp and is one of Cone Mills' eco-friendly denims. They are 10.5 ounces, which is lighter than the 12.5 Original raw denim." Hope this helps a little. I've no idea how they would fade or feel.

1 person likes this.
  19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Somewhere on SF someone compared it to silk; the (usually not to be believed) fabric write up about tencel that I read on a producers site somewhere this morning said it was good for hot weather. These may be a summer jean in concept. Of course, that silk comment was just from some random guy, and the clothing writeup talked about tencel also being good for hiking trips in colder weather. But at 10.5, that sounds like a summer jean to me.

20. Ead3

Ead3 Member

Tencel is the brand name for lyocell.